The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Evangelizing

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby frrostedman » Thu May 15, 2014 9:41 pm

Alalu wrote:Good grief! Talk about pointless. You make a lot of assumptions and all of them are wrong. And you contradicted yourself with the "banned from the Bible" comment. How can something be banned if it didn't preexist? How do you explain the Dead Sea Scrolls?

And who decided that one book was acceptable and another not, even when they were by the same authors? Completely arbitrary. Books were in one day, out the next.

You are not one of those people who thinks the world was created 6,000 years ago are you?

Everything I said is correct.

Before I crossed over and joined God's family, I used to think precisely as you do in that quote. However, since that time I have researched this subject (whereas before, I believed biased claims made in books and on websites by anti-Christian authors). I have found that the Councils that were convened in order to decide which books were valid and which were too questionable to be valid... took the whole thing VERY seriously. And they had very few disagreements among the Councils because the rigorous set of requirements used to render their decisions made it very clear which books passed and which books failed. Once a book was put to the test, it was never a "grey area" where 50% considered it valid and 50% considered it invalid. Every decision on the validation of the books of the bible was a landslide slam dunk.

So for example, don't let biased websites and articles convince you that some books of the bible were banned or accepted by the slimmest of margins. Once THAT misleading statement is accepted, the next logical deduction is that the bible itself is just a collection of books that barely passed through a clumsy voting process. I remember one book of the bible according to one of these anti-Christian websites, was rejected on a slim margin majority vote. The website cast doubt on the decision and on the bible as a result. Then, after researching it I found that the vote was (by memory) something like 120 to 1. And the one that voted to pass the book had Gnostic leanings in his beliefs.

As you read my statement, you might even say to yourself, "the websites gain nothing by lying and misleading me, so I think I should trust them." No, do your own research. Dig and find for yourself. And, the people that would lie and mislead to cloud your judgment DO gain something from it. They gain the satisfaction of winning the argument against Christ. And as I have determined over my many years, the argument against Christ - once boiled completely down - is borne from an extreme dislike of Christ and Christians, and because a person simply doesn't WANT Christ to be for real. Seriously.

Over a 2000 year period, the detractors who simply don't want Christ to be real, have built powerful arguments to muddy up the waters. All because they just don't want it to be true and they want to soothe their own guilt, and provide themselves and others a valid "excuse" for not believing, should the time come when they have to explain their disbelief.
Last edited by frrostedman on Mon May 19, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby kblood » Fri May 16, 2014 1:29 am

Alalu wrote:Nice. But I might caution that God may not be the only one out there communicating with Man. If some humans have the right genes they may have the ability to communicate with others. And I'm not convinced that all, or even most, humans can communicate with God. And even further, many who claim they have we're likely mistaken. God is a busy man.

Here is a thought. What if Adolf Hitler thought he was talking to God, but instead he was talking to a much lesser creature who told him to do things to sabotage Humanity? Of course Adolf Hitler couldn't tell people he was talking to God because they would think him crazy. Even crazier than we think he was.

I'll bet that if we set out across space to find our god it would turn a lot like Prometheus. They found the Igigi, who only wanted to wipe out Humanity. Sounds a lot like their children, the Arryans. Maybe that's why Hollywood painted them that way. See it all comes around full circle.

Interesting thread, and nice question Alalu.

I do not pray much. Almost not at all actually, unless I am spending time with my church friends. The way I see it, then if something feels right, it most likely is. We all have a moral sense, its just a matter of listening to it.

Of course, some people might have had a life of being indoctrinated to think its okay to hit women or something like that, but if reflected upon, then when hitting someone it only brings anger to the body, and not peace of mind.

It seems to me that Hitler was a person who certainly might have believed he did God's work, or that he at least was righteous in his actions, which lead to so many deaths. The way I see it though is that if you have to force someone to do something, its probably not the right way you are doing it. Unless you are doing it to prevent immediate harm.

So what I am trying to say is that I do not believe its bad genes in play, although there might be negative entities trying to convince us to do negative stuff, I do not believe they can answer a honest prayer. But still, whatever answer you get from a prayer, you need to reflect upon it to make sure for yourself whether you find it true or not.
kblood

Postby frrostedman » Tue May 20, 2014 7:43 pm

Alalu wrote:Nice. But I might caution that God may not be the only one out there communicating with Man.

Indeed.

If some humans have the right genes they may have the ability to communicate with others. And I'm not convinced that all, or even most, humans can communicate with God. And even further, many who claim they have we're likely mistaken.

True, but the only reason someone can't communicate with God is because they don't yet know God.

God is a busy man.

I'll take that as a figure of speech but definitely, yes, God is quite busy. That's why anyone who has had their hearts touched by God is so utterly humbled. God didn't have to take the time to do that. But He did it anyway.

Here is a thought. What if Adolf Hitler thought he was talking to God, but instead he was talking to a much lesser creature who told him to do things to sabotage Humanity? Of course Adolf Hitler couldn't tell people he was talking to God because they would think him crazy. Even crazier than we think he was.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby orangetom1999 » Wed May 28, 2014 10:31 am

qmark wrote:That may be greeney, but if it reaches just one then it was worth it. All the preaching in the world doesn't amount to a hill of beans unless God draws the person. All we can do is plant a seed, it's God that causes the growth.

Exactly correct qmark. Exactly Correct. It is God who causes the increase.

If God wants a person He will pluck them out of the pit which is this world and no one will stop him.

For He put Philip before the Ethiopian eunic. He called all the apostles...they did not choose God ..they were called. He Chose them...they heard His voice and they came unto Him

And He will call His people..and they will hear His Voice.

All we can do is help those who already can already see, hear, and understand...those He Chose.
We are looking for His Fruit..his increase.

Those He did not choose...they will remain right where they are at...and most of them will love it...out here among the fallen.

We are looking for His Sheep..not the worlds goats. That is just the way it is. And this world glories in goats. This world is proud of it.

We are looking for those already covered in His Blood. Not the blood of goats and bullocks..but His saving Blood.

There is a time coming when the world and the goats will seek to identify His people and mark them. It is soon upon us..by the logic, reason, and glory of men....of goats. Those who are versed in it can see, hear, and understand ...can see it coming....after the rudiments of this world.

Be Warned.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Thu May 29, 2014 8:01 am

Probably true, but God doesn't want the seeds to be wasted either. All I'm saying is be smart when you try to plant them, and to plant them where and when they are likely to take root.
greeney2

Postby qmark » Thu May 29, 2014 6:33 pm

Can't argue with you here greeney. All seed should be sown in love and by the Lord's leading.
qmark

Postby JimboLea » Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:13 pm

This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
JimboLea

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts