The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Snakes Salvation star Pastor killed by snake bite!

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:03 pm

I guess this was not what Faith is intended for.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/natgeo-snake-s ... 10245.html
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:15 am

Coots believed that those who are 'anointed' by God cannot die from a snake bite.

1. I don't see where he ever claimed to be literally anointed by God. He was liberal with his definition of being 'anointed' to define it as to feel the power of the Spirit. That isn't the same as being anointed. Best I can tell he never claimed to be literally anointed, and was never anointed by God.

2. The bible doesn't even say that those anointed by God cannot die of snake bites. The bible says that Jesus told His disciples to go preach the Gospel to the entire world; and certain signs will follow those that the disciples meet, who were true believers. They would be able to handle snakes, and could drink something deadly and not die from it, they would perform exorcisms in the name of Jesus, and they would heal people through the laying of hands. In other words, the disciples were told that if they saw people doing these things, they could rest assured these were true believers. Nowhere does it say that anyone in the future who truly believes will be able to do all these things, especially on a regular basis like Coots was doing.

In conclusion - Coots was incorrect in his claim of what the bible says, and, even if he was correct, the words don't apply to him anyway. The words described what people would be doing 2000 years ago as witnessed by the disciples.

I don't believe Coots or anyone else can come under the power of the Holy Spirit over and over, at will.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Halfabo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:07 am

It is possible and desirable to be under the power of the Holy Spirit 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. That is not what this snake man was doing. Jesus said these signs would follow those who believe and are preaching the Gospel. What this guy was doing was not in line with what Jesus said to do. He was not following the commands of Jesus and allowing the signs to follow. He was forcing the signs to gain a following. What he was doing was testing God. That is something we are told not to do.
Halfabo

Postby greeney2 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:37 pm

So what are you saying? That he would have been safe and Okay to pick up poisonous snakes if he was following the Bible? That he could never get hurt or killed? Or that he was just a stupid idiot for messing with a venomous snake, even if he was following the Bible?
greeney2

Postby Halfabo » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:49 am

I'm saying he was an idiot and he was not following the Bible.
Halfabo

Postby Omni » Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:36 am

Irony.
Omni

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts