The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Officer Who Killed Biker Will Not Face Charges -

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:43 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... email.html

http://www.businessinsider.com/police-o ... ive-2014-8

---

We're all in agreement that if this was ANYONE else not related to law enforcement, they would be charged and convicted for involuntary manslaughter, right?
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:15 pm

Any normal community would protest for 3 weeks, burn down stores who had nothing to do with this, steal everything in the stores and pretend it isn't looting, and we deserve those Televisions, clothing, and beer. We can all pretend we are victims, and justify looting. That would be how serious people care about this man and the issue, not writing you Congressmen and Senators, we would not get free stuff that way. After we have ravaged out own neighborhoods, we can complain the markets and stores are gone, and they are just racists for not wanting to build another store for us to loot. :lol:
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:57 pm

greeney2 wrote:Any normal community would protest for 3 weeks, burn down stores who had nothing to do with this, steal everything in the stores and pretend it isn't looting, and we deserve those Televisions, clothing, and beer. We can all pretend we are victims, and justify looting. That would be how serious people care about this man and the issue, not writing you Congressmen and Senators, we would not get free stuff that way. After we have ravaged out own neighborhoods, we can complain the markets and stores are gone, and they are just racists for not wanting to build another store for us to loot.

Er... not about Ferguson, Greeney. Different incident all together.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:59 pm

Being sarcastic Wing, but the point is if we believe something is an injustice looting is not an excuse.
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:50 am

greeney2 wrote:Being sarcastic Wing, but the point is if we believe something is an injustice looting is not an excuse.

I agree with you. The problem is that we've gotten to the point where the majority at large don't care that police forces across the nation have gotten so corrupted and negligent that this kind of thing happens on the daily. The media doesn't help the situation at all by parroting irrelevant and sometimes downright untrue statements. The truly sad part is that we won't hear about this person's death, just like how we never hear about Kelly Thomas, the kid who was shot in Utah a week or so ago, or other prominent cases because when it comes down to it they aren't the 'story' that the news is looking for. The police, much like our celebrities and athletes, are quickly rising to the untouchable position where nothing the average citizen can do will have an impact on them.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:42 pm

Seems like one solution to the Missouri cop problem is having camera on their bodies, many have them now and have car cameras that record. To what extent do we monitor these things, and expect it will not affect the good police work 99% of them are doing. I would have put an entire different light on that shooting, and we still have not herd from the cops, maybe they do have either, video, or radio tapes we have not herd.

However for those posters who may not know about this Calabasas accident, your title gives the impression he was a biker, like motorcycle rider, he was a bicycle rider. Unlike Missouri, this was not a shooting, it was a traffic accident, where the bicycle rider was in a bike riding lane, bright sunny day, and the cop veered into the lane, hitting and killing him, going at normal speeds. The cover up in this case appears to be cell phone use, and not showing the cell phone records, or if it was even a police cell phone or personal cell phone use, while driving.
greeney2

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:11 pm

I thought about that as well, and if it ends up confusing a good deal of people I'll change the heading. One of the main points that should be addressed, however, is that the public is chastised day in and day out for using any sort of device that may take their eyes off the road for even a moment. Day in and day out there is this bombardment of infomercials and testimonies such as, "This is what my friend was trying to tell me when a car hit and killed them." Yet what is seen here is very clearly an officer working on just such an electronic device and negligently operating a motor vehicle that results in the death of an innocent. What happens afterwards? Nothing, the officer walks away with no charges after ENDING THE LIFE OF SOMEONE. If that isn't bad enough, this happens in California; as you know a state that has taken extreme measure to ensure awareness to the dangers of texting/emailing/eating/etc. and driving. It's a classic example of the "Cops Are Gods" mentality that has been growing strong for years now.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby gudskepteacal » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:41 pm

Another heartbreaking and infuriating case that exposes the blatant double standard that exists between law enforcement and the general public. Yes, I agree that anyone else in the general public would have been charged with involuntary manslaughter, but defendants with money would probably receive convictions of a lesser charge or get off clean thanks to their high priced lawyers. I would put your 'percentage of good cops' much lower, greeney; maybe around 80%. I think 20% are really only there for the power and control they have over people. They really couldn't care less about public service, helping people or doing beneficial police work. But I could be wrong.

After reading the official LA Co. DA statement from the Business Insider link, I still don't understand why the cop wasn't charged. True, those Vehicle Codes permit him to message other officers while driving, but where is the reg. that permits him to kill somebody while doing it? It's termed involuntary because it was an accident and, even though this cop didn't mean to do it, a person is dead. The rest of us would face stern consequences for that accident. I wonder if he also gets to keep his job?
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Postby En-Lugal » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:54 am

The fact that texts to his wife, moments before, were just a coincidence? Wow.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts