The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Love Overshadows Westboro Baptist's Protest Plan

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby gudskepteacal » Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:21 pm

I thought this was a good and decent story in a time of so much negativity and hate...

"Love Overshadows Westboro Baptist Church's Plan to Protest Robin Williams Funeral

When the organization Planting Peace learned the hateful Westboro Baptist Church announced plans to picket the funeral of Robin Williams, the put a plan of their own into action.

BY Jase Peeples
August 16 2014 4:39 PM ET

Shortly after the shocking news broke on Monday that Robin Williams was found dead in his Tiburon, California home, the Westboro Baptist Church announced plans to picket the beloved actor’s funeral, calling him a “fag pimp.”

However, when the organization Planting Peace – which owns the Equality House located across the street from the Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas – learned of the WBC’s plan, they put one of their own into action to overshadow the hateful message with one of love, reports the Huffington Post.

Planting Peace has begun a fundraising effort in Williams’s honor benefiting St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital – a cause the iconic actor supported passionately during his life."...

Keep Reading: http://www.advocate.com/arts-entertainm ... test-robin

St. Jude Children's Research Hospital is a very worthy cause and Robin Williams' support of it is something I never knew. I saw something the other day about his friendship with Christopher Reeves stemming from their time as classmates in acting school in NYC. The story intimated Robin's support of the Reeves family after Christopher's accident that left him paralyzed; even suggesting that it was him who took care of the, no doubt, extremely high medical bills. The kindness and generosity of this man just amazes me and reveals a side of him that most people will probably never know. I don't know what the people of Westboro Baptist Church think they are doing or accomplishing with their protests, but, it seems to me, if they really wanted to do something, to help somebody, to make the world a better place, they could do much worse than follow the example of Robin Williams; the very man whose funeral they so arrogantly and insensitively plan to protest.

BTW, the article mentions that their original goal of $30,000 has already been met and indeed, if you visit the webpage for donations, it's almost been doubled at over $53,000(at last check). If you want to donate, here is the link...

https://www.crowdrise.com/honorrobin
"History records that the money changers have used every form of abuse, intrigue, deceit, and violent means possible to maintain their control over governments by controlling money and its issuance." - James Madison
gudskepteacal

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts