The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Beijing's lust for Arctic share may result in tensions...

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Nomadd » Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:44 am

Beijing's lust for Arctic share may result in rising tensions in Europe. Beijing appears to be evidently set to buy everything and everybody relating to Arctic presence! On May 2013 China was already granted an observer status at the Arctic Council meeting in Kiruna! The rumor mill says that was due to involvement of some senior European officials just bribed by Beijing!
In China they call such methods 'soft power'! I guess it's a great challenge for European safety now! China being not an Arctic state actually sticks to this method to achieve its dominance in Arctic region!! And this is not to everybody's liking in Europe!
I believe security minded analysts should be really worried that Beijing's state-owned enterprises (SOEs) are doing their best now to get involved into many investment processes and development projects relating Arctic. For instance low-cost financing and long-term projects in Greenland have already become a big worry both for Denmark and Greenland. In 2009 Denmark granted Self Ruling status to Greenland, stropped subsiding this territory's budget and thus...... opened gate for snoopy Chinese investors there hoping to invest somewhat US $3 billion in a large!
Now, in Greenland anti-Chinese sentiment is on the rise on part of rather militant nationalistic forces who blame local politicians in corruption! They are irritated by the fact there are no some special taxes for Chinese companies and no ecological guarantees on their part! And they blame authorities in lack of vigilance and in corruption!
My friend living in Greenland is scary that Greenland will be soon rather unsafe place for living with some terrorist attacks and tensions pending! At least he has been already offered to join some 'sleeping cell', terrorist one I suppose!
Well, Europe may soon face its Arctic share shrinking and inner terrorist threat rising!
Nomadd

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts