The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

60 Minutes Exposes the Benghazi Coverup

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby Alalu » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:49 pm

Obama's and Hillary Clinton's actions, or inactions, on Benghazi border on the impeachable. People died. This is not the usual politics. And the BO admin is worried about it. The mainstream news media lap dogs will do anything to make this go away, but its not going away. No one has been held accountable.
Alalu

Postby Dragoness » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:01 pm

blackvault wrote:Yeah, and they foced YouTube to take down the copy I had stored... even though I gave full copyright rights and sourced it to CBS. Grrrrr... now I have a copyright strike on my YouTube account.

Since I've never posted on YouTube, I don't know, but can't you challenge the strike since you followed the rules?
Dragoness

Postby blackvault » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:24 pm

Technically I broke them. :(
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Normally it doesn't matter as long you don't try to profit. I wasn't and gave full credit to them. However since they made a mistake they are removing all traces of it
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:06 pm

Variety wrote:Lara Logan To Take Leave of Absence From CBS In Wake of ’60 Minutes’ Report

Brian Steinberg
Senior TV Editor, Variety

Lara Logan and a producer, Max McClellan, involved with a flawed “60 Minutes” report on Benghazi that drew criticism will both take a leave of absence from CBS News, according to an internal memo from CBS News Chairman Jeff Fager issued Tuesday.

“As Executive Producer, I am responsible for what gets on the air. I pride myself in catching almost everything, but this deception got through and it shouldn’t have,” Fager said in a memo to staff. “When faced with a such an error, we must use it as an opportunity to make our broadcast even stronger. We are making adjustments at 60 Minutes to reduce the chances of it happening again.”

An internal review of the troubled October 27 segment by CBS News Executive Director of Standards and Practices Al Ortiz found the reporting “deficient in several respects.”

-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby toeg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:46 pm

I still can't believe this was such a big story. It just shows how main stream Fox News is.
toeg

Postby blackvault » Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:59 pm

Are you kidding me?! You do understand the FACTS behind Benghazi, right?

To be honest, although your comments wouldn't have surprised me 8 months ago, even the mainstream media well outside FOX News knows there is much more going on about this.

Just out of curiosity, why don't you?!
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby toeg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:17 pm

I'm pretty well versed about this story. the ambassador to Libya was there. I don't think he would have strolled casually about if he feared for his life before going there. He knew of the dangers and spoke of the dangers, yet he went anyway. Either he was suicidal or thought that the danger wasn't that great.

People all over the world want to kill Americans. Have you seen our embassies and consulates around the world? The most dangerous ones are fortresses and they still get bombed. Most embassies of other countries are small offices where you can just stroll in. We always need armed guards everywhere and in the most risky, we need concrete barriers, barbed wire fences and tanks.

What happened was a tragedy. What happened at the American consulate in Herat, Afghanistan, on 9/13/13, was a tragedy as well. It killed two armed guards!! Where's the outrage? On 2/1/13, our embassy at Ankara Turkey, was bombed killing one. Where's the outrage? Eight were killed in Peshawar, Pakistan, at the US Consulate on 4/5/10. Where's the outrage?

Manufactured outrage with a specific, political agenda that has nothing to do with the tragedy itself is sickening in my opinion. The ambassador to Libya was present and I'm supposed to believe that HE didn't realize the danger he had spoken about before. If he was so afraid, why'd he go?

Things that make ya go hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm........................................
toeg

Postby blackvault » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:25 pm

You're COMPLETELY missing the point. Are all U.S. embassy attacks a tragedy? Yes, just like you pointed out. Can they all be compared? No, which you are clearly doing.

I, too, consider myself somewhat versed on the story. (However, I do not believe in anyone being an "expert" :) ) In case you haven't seen it, here is my research: http://www.theblackvault.com/m/articles ... -9-11-2012

You ignore, or at least choose to not mention, the many documented and proven lies touted by the Obama administration about Benghazi. Lies, that even the entire (nearly the entire) mainstream media outlets now admit. Of course, we really don't hear about Benghazi for a couple reasons. Most importantly 1) too many other scandals have surfaced and 2) the administration is continuing to stonewall releasing information and answering Congressional panels. If you think this is a Republican crusade, it'd be very easy for the Administration to release the information, answer the questions, and push back. Instead, they stonewall.

Despite 60 Minutes having their blunder, that does not discredit or take away from the mountain of evidence that the Obama administration had the motive, means and opportunity to cover this up, and lie the entire way. Which I believe they did.

If you're stuck on the "Where is the outrage?" regarding our other US attacks - then you really aren't versed on the true magnitude of what is behind the Benghazi allegation (that was not meant to be rude, but rather, said to prove a point. I do apologize if that was harsh sounding). My broader point to you is not the attack itself. I am not a conspiracy nut who thinks Obama planned it or "let it happen." I do not blame him, or Clinton, for this happening. However, I do believe he was weak and definitely exhibited a lack of leadership on dealing with the crisis at hand. That is something worthy of a cover-up - and he used his power of the office to do just that. THAT is the issue at hand - not the attack.

See why a comparison is NOT warranted?

Now... who cares? Well, in the hours and days thereafter, a cover-up ensued that is easily provable. Check the URL above. With a pending election (and a close one at that) this was political suicide to let the true story out. So, a lie ensued, and lasted longer than the election. So, you clearly have your motive. Now, simply look at the documented evidence.

For the record, I also have quite a few (still open) FOIA requests open on Benghazi related records. I have been waiting on some since literally 9/12/12.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby toeg » Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:59 pm

toeg wrote:I still can't believe this was such a big story. It just shows how main stream Fox News is.

This is what I said. The many lies, backtracks, repeats, requests, "he said, she said" recorded conversations, headlines and headlies, were ALL because of continued and continual pressure by Fox news, and then other agencies, to paint Obama in a bad light. If someone is calling this a cover up, then it is the most talked about, reported on, filmed, recorded, and testified "cover up" in history.

What happened was a tragedy. What happened in other attacks was a tragedy as well. You could just as easily mount the same type of investigation, with all the lies and innuendos and backtracks and everything else on any of the other ones. But Fox doesn't want to do that on the other ones. Why not? Because they didn't happen right before an election.

Again, what happened in Benghazi has happened elsewhere without the fanfare. The ambassador was present at Benghazi, even though he was the one who wrote about the problem there. NO ONE wants to discuss why HE thought it was okay to be there, because that would ruin the made up conspiracy. You don't mention why he was there. Why?? Did he want to commit suicide??
toeg

PreviousNext

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts