The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Video Games: What are you playing?

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby at1with0 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:15 pm

I wiped literally like 30 times in the Heart of Fear raid in WOW:MOP.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 pm

adamwarlock2099 wrote:I've started playing Alan Wake American Nightmare arcade game on 360. It's pretty entertaining for the price. I am a big fan or 3rd person shooters, especially ones that include a lot of exploration and/or upgradeable equipment. My eight year old son really likes it and I was thinking about buying him the full 360 Alan Wake game. If he and I enjoy American Nightmare is it safe to say that we'll feel the same about the first game?

I'm also thinking about getting Lost Planet 2 as well. My son plays the original game more than I did/do, but that's more to do with having less time to play games than he does than it is not liking the game. He's been playing the demo with a friend of his that I ok'd and the both play it a lot together on the multiplayer. I'm not much for multiplayer but they seem to enjoy it. Are both the multiplayer and the campaign at least on par with the first LP?

You should check out Borderlands (with excellent DLC) which is cheap, and then get BL2. Both are supreme first person shooters, with humor, immersive stories, excellent graphics, interesting skill trees, and and infinite amount of loot and upgrades to score. Borderlands is probably the king of all games ever made, as far as scoring loot, unique items, and upgrades. Easily out does the 2nd best which was Diablo2. I'm not including Diablo 3 in the mix because Blizzard North totally f**ked that game up, beyond recognition.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby blackvault » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:13 pm

I have to say, Black Ops II is one of the best games I've ever played.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby frrostedman » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:29 pm

blackvault wrote:I have to say, Black Ops II is one of the best games I've ever played.

As a single player game? I don't do multiplayer. I can't compete with my gamepad and I hate using the keyboard and mouse. Good story?
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby blackvault » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

Im mostly a multiplayer gamer... I love the action, and quick games. I don't mind campaigns, but I kinda get bored with them quickly. Multiplayer is different everytime...
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:48 pm

frrostedman wrote:Easily out does the 2nd best which was Diablo2.

you should be dragged into the street and shot for that comment.

frrostedman wrote:I'm not including Diablo 3 in the mix because Blizzard North totally f**ked that game up, beyond recognition.

I feel better every day that I decided not to buy it. :lol:
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby at1with0 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:42 am

Diablo 3 was fine but lacks longevity.

I've been hearing Skyrim is a good game. Anyone play that?

Oh and we should play chess sometime :think:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm available for chess anytime.. redhotpawn is where I hang out.

I own Skyrim. Played it for about an hour and .... meh .... it sits, collecting dust.
frrostedman

Postby blackvault » Tue Nov 27, 2012 1:19 am

Im down for Chess! I have an Iphone, and play a lot with one of my best friends on his droid. That said, I dont know the app name off hand (I will get it) if you have either of those phones :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby event_horizon » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:04 pm

Hah hah. I just got finished with this game, but this is some funny sh*t. :lol:

I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts