The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Video Games: What are you playing?

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby frrostedman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:51 am

And by the way, Saboteur was a fantastic sandbox strategy game but it's got major graphics bugs on the computer so I can't play it. Played the heck out of it on the Xbox though. Highly recommended for console gamers.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:44 am

I don't really play video games (unless I am at Dave and Busters..the arcade..old school style, but my kid is really into Need for Speed: The Run, also, he loves all of the Destroy all Humans games

My H likes all the Call of Duty games
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:55 am

bionic wrote:I don't really play video games (unless I am at Dave and Busters..the arcade..old school style, but my kid is really into Need for Speed: The Run, also, he loves all of the Destroy all Humans games

My H likes all the Call of Duty games

I haven't been to D&B in years. I wonder if they still have that golf game where you hit a real golf ball against the video screen. That was fun. The putting was ridiculous but still.. pretty fun. Smoke, drink, and whack a ball. Although I guess smoking isn't allowed anymore. :(
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:39 am

I'd like to play the Mass Effect games at some point, but based on people that know my tastes have been pointed to Fallout 3 for sometime now so that will likely be the next endevour I make in gaming.

frostedman ... I got one of the Splinter Cell games a while back and enjoyed it, are the Rainbow 6 games anything like that?
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby BloodStone » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:25 am

I like Fallout new vegas, but liked the second one better, and hoping the 4th will top them all.

I also play Civ V

Would really like to see some new Icewind dale games... do any of you know if the old Icewind dales play on vista ?

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:37 pm

BloodStone wrote:I like Fallout new vegas, but liked the second one better, and hoping the 4th will top them all.

I also play Civ V

Would really like to see some new Icewind dale games... do any of you know if the old Icewind dales play on vista ?

BloodStone...

No problem running Icewind Dale on Vista x64. :thumbup:

Postby frrostedman » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:08 am

adamwarlock2099 wrote:frostedman ... I got one of the Splinter Cell games a while back and enjoyed it, are the Rainbow 6 games anything like that?

The Rainbow 6 games are like that but, it's no longer a "stealth vs soldier" in multiplayer. instead, all players are soldiers. And, it's based on experience points so you have to play (solo or online) and gain experience to be granted access to better weaponry.

Rainbow 6 is a fantastic, fun game. You can do online co-op in missions or in scenarios vs a chosen number of cpu-controlled terrorists.

Before Modern Warfare 3 came out, Rainbow 6 Vegas was THE top choice for realistic multiplayer and co-op play with a soldier vs. terrorist motif. And it works completely bug-free on the PC and you can use an Xbox controller with it, which I do.

Even the storyline itself is superior to just about all other FPS's out there except for maybe MW3 (or 4 which I haven't bought and won't until they come off that 59.99 price tag)

And MW3 is collecting dust on my shelf because it is programmed NOT to work with the Xbox controller. I don't CARE if the "superior" players do it with a mouse and keyboard. I learned FPS gaming on a console and I'm not about to retrain myself. They could have taken the time to make the Xbox controller work for the game but... chose not to. Idiots.
frrostedman

Postby WarAngel » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:23 am

at1with0 wrote:I used to be a heavy warcrack (WoW) addict, then swtor...

Rykuss wrote:I feel your pain, I really do. However, Warcrack isn't my drug of choice. I tried, I really did.

I stay away from WoW for exactly that reason. I don't want one thing dominating all of my time.

frrostedman wrote:My favorite game of all time is GTA IV. The driving physics are as real as it gets and there is something about a sandbox game like that... being able to do whatever you want. The missions are fun but I have immense respect for them by not forcing you to do anything you want to do. It's pretty awesome to just jump into an alternate reality that is so life-like, you can completely immerse.

I have GTA IV for PC but hardware problems prevent me from playing it. I like the idea of being a Russian/Eastern Europe mafia guy or a Biker gang member if using the Lost and Damned expansion.

The open play is my favorite part of the series. I love just driving around and squishing people. :twisted: Especially in the original. In SA it's more looking for Ballas gang members and blasting them. Nowadays I in GTA 1 I'm more about the missions with the occasional car jacking time to get the points total up without having to risk dying. In SA some of the missions are hard so I do a lot of pimping, listening to Radio Los Santos (which came as a surprise to me) and shooting rivals.
What if it were true?
WarAngel

Postby Wing-Zero » Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:55 am

I actually never got into WoW because I hated Warcraft 3. I was a BIG Warcraft II player and did Battlenet almost every night when it came out. Warcraft 3 just made me upset and WoW looked even more lame, so I never picked it up. Good thing apparently, since I know a could of addicts.

Just started playing Metal Gear Solid 2 again. Game brings back memories.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:40 am

Wing-Zero wrote:I actually never got into WoW because I hated Warcraft 3. I was a BIG Warcraft II player and did Battlenet almost every night when it came out. Warcraft 3 just made me upset and WoW looked even more lame, so I never picked it up. Good thing apparently, since I know a could of addicts.

Just started playing Metal Gear Solid 2 again. Game brings back memories.

I still play through Warcraft II Battle.net Edition once in a while. It's hard to stop playing old titles, especially when they still work. Or when awesome community modders release tools to make them work on newer machines. :D Like the Freespace community project, the C&C community helping to keep Red Alert 95 and Command & Conquer 95 alive. Hell people even helped with Imperium Galactica II, I didn't think many people liked the game but luckily someone does. Also the Dune community, awesome bunch. Oh and I can't forget the Mech Warrior community.

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts