The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping

Hungarian national minority in Romania is being harassed.

Although this is set to be a controversial forum, it is detrimental to a community of free speech, open ideas, and dialogue. Warning: Some topics may be offensive to some users.
Forum rules
In this forum dedicated to Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping, you will find controversial topics and ideas.

The main rule in this area is to stay away from racist comments or attacks. But, in the same respect, this is a place to state your thoughts and ideas on racial profiling, whatever they might be.

I have ZERO tolerance for racial remarks and insults, but, if you'd like to share ideas respectfully, you are free to do so.

Postby Hunanaq » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:25 am

The life of ethnic Hungarians in Romania, especially in Transylvania, reminds greatly the life of Jews at the initial period of Third Reich. There are no gas chambers to eliminate Hungarians in great numbers but it's getting harder with each passing day for ethnic Hungarians in Romania, believe you me!
Current leaders in Bucharest captivated by the Romania Mare project are at pains to copy the Third Reich "Aryans"! scornful attitude towards Jews and Hungarians as second brand populaces, ignoring Holocaust, race purification and ambiguous plans to join vast territories in the East (Moldova and Ukraine) revive some memories of Hitler and his Drang nach Osten,
Subduing of Hungarian culture in Romania is done in increasingly ugly manner! This summer in Kluja the bride was forbidden to say "yes" to the bridegroom in the Hungarian language. The scandal just ruined the wedding ceremony! Believe me, there are many similar cases still unknown to wide public, to foreign journalists. Many Hungarians in Romania are feeling scared and not guarded just to brave frankly telling their troubles or asking for help.... You may be just beaten up or your kid may be kicked out of the school or you may be demoted or whatelse.
Honestly, very often Romanians just don't even try to find a pretext to sort it out with local Hungarians. My daughter, a gifted college teacher was laid off in midst of the educational period because her position was urgently claimed by a Romanian teacher lacking relevant job qualification! The director didn't even bother to explain his motives or pay my daughter out-of-service grant. The lawyer she turned to refused to defend her rights in the court bluntly declaring "Hungarians have no chance to win in any Romanian court"!!
It's unthinkable just for a country which has joined the most democratic and tolerant EU!
Hunanaq

Return to Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts