The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Alien Abductions and Extraterrestrial Entities

The Travis Walton abduction

The extraterrestrial phenomenon is much different than the topic of UFOs. Step inside to talk about alien abductions, extraterrestrials and strange encounters.

Postby Rondetto » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:18 pm

I'm a little confused about this. I've followed the case from the beginning as with the Betty and Barney Hill case.
But there are and have been rumours on the internet that the Walton case was an elaborate hoax. I put one such
site below.
My question to my buddies on here is: Are we to believe Travis Walton? Did it really happen?
Why would people come forward to say it was a hoax? What have they got to make out of it?
More questions than answers eh?
I would be interested to know what others think.

http://ufomedia.blogspot.co.uk/2010/07/ ... alton.html
Rondetto

Postby wallarookiller » Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:37 pm

I don't know. I've always liked this case. He may have failed 1 polygraph, but they all passed them as well. Not that I really believe in lie detectors being perfect.

My big question is what did he have to gain by going through all this. Remember, when he showed back up he was not in good health. He hadn't eaten and was severely dehydrated. Putting my life so closely to death doesn't seem like it's worth it for almost nothing at the time. He definitely didn't know this was going to get as big as it did. People get abducted all the time and don't get this kind of attention.

On top of that (just my personal opinion) he always sounds sincere. At the bottom here you can listen to all his interviews from the 70's and 80's. He really seems like he means it.

The story is incredible, but it's also not like the movie that they made after it either (Fire in the Sky). There are differences.
wallarookiller

Postby Rondetto » Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:11 am

Thanks for the reply, very interesting. I'm like you, I tend to believe him but wonder about a few things.
Rondetto

Postby Rondetto » Mon Dec 02, 2013 11:18 am

interesting, Travis Walton has been flown to the UK all expenses paid, hotels etc. To take part in a documentary with
Shaun Ryder to discuss UFO's in the UK.
So, he's being treated as an expert on the subject now.
Rondetto

Postby wallarookiller » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:38 am

Rondetto wrote:interesting, Travis Walton has been flown to the UK all expenses paid, hotels etc. To take part in a documentary with
Shaun Ryder to discuss UFO's in the UK.
So, he's being treated as an expert on the subject now.

Well to be fair, as someone who was supposedly abducted and experimented on he probably knows more than most people.
wallarookiller

Postby Rondetto » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:26 am

He does seem credible and I always feel that for the thousands that have reported abductions over the years there has just got to be some genuine. Maybe not all but It's too silly to sneer at them all.
Rondetto

Postby Taeko » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:54 pm

Travis Walton's case is important as there were actual witnesses. Neither Travis nor the witnesses have changed their stories. The witnesses were first considered murder suspects, and then I have read that they were offered money to deny it. When everyone sticks to the story it tends to be believable. I have Walton's book in which he defends his account against attacks by Phil Klass. So he can actually write too. When my remote viewing began to give good results, I looked at his abduction as a target. I see it there as if it really happened.
When you can go out and see the universe, who wants to go look at a Russian submarine? (Melvin C. Riley, US Army Remote Viewer)
Taeko

Postby Rondetto » Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:59 pm

Thanks Taeko. very interesting.
Rondetto

Postby Alalu » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:42 pm

I have to admit that I bought the story. But i'm half glad there is a chance that it was a hoax because frankly the story was a bit scary. Its one of the few alien abduction stories where the aliens are real nasty. I would be happier believing they are benevolent. Travis did seem very believable. I'm sure he made money on the book and movie, plus interviews. He went on at least one talk show and it was very serious. I don't think I could carry on with a lie as long as is claimed here. That is not easy. A lot of people, including me, have used details of this story to explain other things. If the whole thing was b.s. then that casts other things into doubt. Unfortunate.

However, the question is, is this person more believable than Travis? The guy sounds like he was not the valedictorian of his school. Anyone can claim something is "common knowledge". Truth is not measured by the number of people who believe it. If Travis made it up then he has a real good imagination.
Alalu

Return to Alien Abductions and Extraterrestrial Entities

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts