The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

pre-eminent Professor says, no threat from global warming.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby rath » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:52 pm

deleted
Last edited by rath on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
rath

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:00 am

He is just another one thinking that global warming happens over night :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby rath » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:39 pm

Dark-Samus wrote:He is just another one thinking that global warming happens over night :roll:

maybe ......... iv not yet read the book so .......

one way or the other, it should be worth a read tho.
rath

Postby HoodR » Thu Apr 30, 2009 12:40 pm

rath wrote: He's also a tireless promoter of geology and the important economic role played by the mining industry. He's the director of two mining and exploration companies and last year he warned the industry would be wiped out by the Federal Government's proposed carbon emissions trading scheme.

Hello,
It seems as though for all his tirade against scientific consensus, we find a very deep financial interest in keeping things the way they are.
HoodR

Postby Tairaa » Thu Apr 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Very astute observation. :)

Welcome to the Black Vault Hood.

That is the problem with science nowadays isn't it? It's all political, and if it's not political it's financial, or sometimes it's just about getting ones name out there. The scientific community could do with a review of what it means to follow the scientific method IMO.

Conflict of interest=skewed results.

However I do believe he is correct in that Global Warming is simply a political concept, I've not read a lot of non-extrapolated data forming any conclussions supporting that the climate is shifting for the warmer. We had a 3-5 year warm phase, but overall I believe that the planet is in fact growing colder. on average. The geographical north seems to be rising in temperature though.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby rath » Fri May 01, 2009 8:56 am

HoodR wrote:
rath wrote: He's also a tireless promoter of geology and the important economic role played by the mining industry. He's the director of two mining and exploration companies and last year he warned the industry would be wiped out by the Federal Government's proposed carbon emissions trading scheme.

Hello,
It seems as though for all his tirade against scientific consensus, we find a very deep financial interest in keeping things the way they are.

Hi Hood,

I think your right in that there is a very deep financial interest in keeping things the way they are.

However, the groups for change also have many financial interest in the so called clean green tech aswell.

in short .... dont matter if its a good or bad move, it will still be corrupted.

Tairaa wrote:Very astute observation. :)

Welcome to the Black Vault Hood.

That is the problem with science nowadays isn't it? It's all political, and if it's not political it's financial, or sometimes it's just about getting ones name out there. The scientific community could do with a review of what it means to follow the scientific method IMO.

Conflict of interest=skewed results.

However I do believe he is correct in that Global Warming is simply a political concept, I've not read a lot of non-extrapolated data forming any conclussions supporting that the climate is shifting for the warmer. We had a 3-5 year warm phase, but overall I believe that the planet is in fact growing colder. on average. The geographical north seems to be rising in temperature though.

hay Tairaa ...
Global Warming is simply a political concept,

So then Tairaa if Global Warming is simply a political concept, does that mean that Global cooling is a political concept as well.

Surly you cant have one & not the other.
rath

Postby Tairaa » Fri May 01, 2009 9:01 am

Sure you can, because I've never seen any non-extrapolated data regarding global warming. Whereas the average temperatures on the planet as a whole have been depreciating, have they not? Over the course of a long period anyway, the last 3-5 years have been pretty warm, last year wasn't so warm though.
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 01, 2009 9:02 am

It's been cold here for years. :cry:

and wet.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Tairaa » Fri May 01, 2009 9:21 am

Cold and wet? That sucks. Warm and wet is better. :lol:

:P

:lol:
Tairaa

Postby rath » Sat May 02, 2009 4:30 am

Tairaa wrote:Sure you can, because I've never seen any non-extrapolated data regarding global warming. Whereas the average temperatures on the planet as a whole have been depreciating, have they not? Over the course of a long period anyway, the last 3-5 years have been pretty warm, last year wasn't so warm though.

Tairaa wrote:Sure you can, because I've never seen any non-extrapolated data regarding global warming. Whereas the average temperatures on the planet as a whole have been depreciating, have they not? Over the course of a long period anyway, the last 3-5 years have been pretty warm, last year wasn't so warm though.

Whereas the average temperatures on the planet as a whole have been depreciating, have they not?

that's a NOT............

temperatures in most places are hotter & Dryer for longer.

Africa ..... Australia .... Asia.

cause & effect.

cooler in 1 place means hotter in another.

when weather pattens move it = chaos.

Remember ....... the last time earths weather pattens changed so much, Australia was still in the
northern hemisphere.
rath

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts