The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

the beginning of life

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 01, 2009 2:03 am

greeney2 wrote:No Dark, I can't debate the definition of a human murder, on an equal level as the murder of an animal. It is a rediculas comparison, from the point of a human fetus and out laws.

I agree with you. An animal and an unborn child is completely different.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri May 01, 2009 5:22 am

An animal and an unborn child is completely different.

So if it´s different then why make such a big deal out of it?
Isn´t both life? :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 01, 2009 5:48 am

I don’t go along with the nonsense that some do (I.E animals are here because god wanted them… I’m bored even typing it out) but at the end of the day we are human and they are animals, meaning they don’t care if one of us die.

I can’t explain it. You either know what I mean or you don’t.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:13 am

When did I mention God or religion in this debate Dark?
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 01, 2009 9:38 am

Sounds like you are near the concept of euthanasia for what you consider Quality of life Lashmer. That any life not perfect is therefore rendered useless? We all play the deck we are delt with in life and sometimes things go wrong. That doesn;t diminish the life that got the handicap, even if its from physical birth. You are confusing the subject of when life begins with quality of life after birth. Thats a different subject.

I can tell you a life expericence, visiting my grandparents who were from farm country in Ohio in the 70's. We drove down to a little town to visit their friends, and they warned me, I might be shocked at what I see. The family was all no more than a 6th grade level and were very simple people. Some might think they may have bordered on mild retardation, but they wern't. Ross was about 75 and was born with seveve physical defects. Born in the early 1900's, most births were home births, and Ross never walked a step in his life. He literally crawled and drug himself to the bathroom. He was so proud of the fact the chair that was his, had been uphostered at least 4 times and he had sat it that chair over 50 years. They were dirt poor, very simple, but very kind people. Ross was so joyous and happy to be alive, even in spite of his life of suffering and pain, probably always been cared for by his family. But Ross had dignity that he was able to drag himself to the bathroom and back to his chair by himself, as shocking as it was to see, his zest and appreciation for life was truly an inspiration. When you think you have problems and than see how someone has endured a life like his, and could be elated about life was eyeopening. For all those outspoken about what religion has done to this world, this is the other side of the coin. Ross lived his simple life with his chair and Bible his most cherished possessions.
greeney2

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 01, 2009 10:42 am

But you’re on about a physical handicap I was on about both mental and physical, and in fairness I should have said.

I’m not saying I agree with what I said I just wanted to know I we were all on the same page, (I read through a lot a legal stuff so I’m a little slow on the up take sometimes :oops: ).

I like the sound of Ross, the best sort of people are always them who only have basic things. :)
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri May 01, 2009 10:50 am

When did I mention God or religion in this debate Dark?

You didn´t really but that is the point of view religions have on animals compared to humans.

I don’t go along with the nonsense that some do (I.E animals are here because god wanted them… I’m bored even typing it out) but at the end of the day we are human and they are animals, meaning they don’t care if one of us die.

Yes I know, they wouldn´t care but do we know they don´t?
Just take a look at dogs, they show emotional attachment to us humans so why wou´ldn´t they care if we die?
And let´s say for a moment that no other living specie on this planet except us have the ability to care about another living being.
Does that not make us even more capable of understanding that we have a responsability to treat life on this little planet with the same respect as we SHOULD show our human brothers and sisters? If not more?
Without them and nature, humans means nothing.

I`m saying should now because even humans can´t respect eachother enough as living beings.
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 01, 2009 10:55 am

As I said it’s not the caring part. It’s what I am getting at. I can’t really explain it if you don’t know what I mean then I can be of no help.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri May 01, 2009 11:00 am

If you are refering to that as a species we will always or mostly care first about our own then yes I understand what you mean.
Dark-Samus

Postby Lashmar » Fri May 01, 2009 11:02 am

No it’s nothing to do with that. As I said I know what I want to say but I don’t know how to say it.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts