The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping

standards have changed?

Although this is set to be a controversial forum, it is detrimental to a community of free speech, open ideas, and dialogue. Warning: Some topics may be offensive to some users.
Forum rules
In this forum dedicated to Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping, you will find controversial topics and ideas.

The main rule in this area is to stay away from racist comments or attacks. But, in the same respect, this is a place to state your thoughts and ideas on racial profiling, whatever they might be.

I have ZERO tolerance for racial remarks and insults, but, if you'd like to share ideas respectfully, you are free to do so.

Postby greeney2 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:21 am

Have standards of what is considered bigotry or rasism changed thruout every decade?

What were the standards during the 1930's compared to the 1960's-thru present? Neighborhoods were divided by ethnic groups, and they all seemed to stay out of the others turf. They were also very opinionated about others, so were they all racists by definition?

Are ethic jokes now considered racism and bigotry today? Companies will fire you over them now, and especailly if they are mass emails in the companies.

What about simply havn't friends that are only your race--does that make you a racist nowadays?

What do you call it when one religion only has friends that are within that religion or church? Are they just good people or are the narrow minded bigots, separating by choice from eveyone else.

Some people are very outspoken about jews on the board, and also the same include references to races, as reasons for behavior explanations. When does a group stereotype become a fact and therfore not bigotry?

In the world of polical correctness, it seems that just about anything you think or feel is now some sort of racism or bigotry. A good forinstance is even speaking about the borders being tightened up, immediatly congers up that you are a racist for thinking it. That you are a racist for being tired of illegals that qualify for county services that citizens do not, pay nothing for it and stick the taxpayers for the cost, who can't use it for free. Like the free county hospital to illegals, no questions asked.
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:26 am

In my opinion I don´t think some people that only has white friends and you yoursefl is white is a racist.
However I do think a person is a racist if they ignore, pushes off or doesn´t want anything to do with another culture.

You are also a racist if you never get out and meet the world in the eye in one way or another.
If you don´t have money enough to do that then information about cultures are always available in books.
But everything starts with what kind of parents you have, if they are racist then it can be harder to get out from that life.

I think that history sets most standards today, specially about racism.
I don´t think it will ever be unproblematical for a white guy to joke about black or latin people considering the history of it.
I don´t accept blacks joking about whites at all either.
Because then they are just doing the same crap their opressers did and still do today.

And the list goes on...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Slade » Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:52 am

Personally I think ethnic jokes of any race, or nationality are amongst the funnier ones that are about, and I don't think that people should be shamed into feeling bad for laughing. A joke is a joke, and some people take it a whole lot more seriously ( I direct people to the cartoons of Muhammad), a joke cannot possibly please everyone. However I do think they help gauge the state of societies, and possibly the highest level of humilty is that of being able to laugh at oneself, and at what you stand for.

I'm white and yet i find black and Asian comedians just as funny as their white colleagues, is that allowed? Take Chris Rock for instance, makes alot of black jokes, should i feel ashamed to laugh etc?

I do still think that a lack of understanding is what causes racism, and that is not helped when communities for whatever reason keep to themselves. The town i lived most of my life, has a large asian community in the town, and the national front facist movements want to march through this area every month, but are not allowed. Similarly, a small group of asian men had the audacity to heckle the British troops returning from Iraq, and pretty much got lynched, is this because of racism and a lack of understanding that the media portrayed, or was it just the symbolism which people did not like.
"The Wheel is spining but the hamster is dead"
Slade

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:59 pm

Ethnic jokes will always be around, although when it comes to Chris Rock, it´s not that he makes ethnic jokes I don´t like about his comedy.
It´s that it´s almost all he jokes about, a comedian should be funny at any topic but I´ve barely heard him joke about other things than ethnic jokes :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:35 pm

I think the one thing that baffles me more than anything, and I have only heard this said by white people, but from different walks of life, and different states (in the US), that say this concerning interracial couples/dating. "I'm not racist but I just think that people need to stick to their own kind." :roll: Uhhh, yeah, that's racism.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby Dark-Samus » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:37 am

"I'm not racist but I just think that people need to stick to their own kind." Uhhh, yeah, that's racism.

Agreed.
Which is what most people do today whether it´s western or eastern folks.
Dark-Samus

Postby _Billy_ » Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:33 pm

I have a black friend.
"Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Let the Good Times Roll
_Billy_

Postby Lashmar » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:31 am

You mean you have black people round there! :shock: We don't have many around here, apart from one or two. :?
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:07 am

I thought I was black once...although it was only my shadow... :lol: ;)

I though tI was white once...although it was only my fear of black people :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dark-Samus

Postby Eldensword » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:46 am

Slade, "The highest level of humility is that of being able to laugh at oneself, and at what you stand for." I agree, I posted a new subject in this forum that I think everyone would be interested in. That's one thing I didn't say and would have liked to. I don't see skin color, but I see clothing choices, hear language choices and observe life style habits. That's where my judgment begins.
Eldensword

Return to Racial and Religious Discrimination / Stereotyping

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts