The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

I need a good read.

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby NecroCombine666 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:58 am

Currently I'm not in the middle of any book. I'm looking to get into a new one though and have a 5 hour trip to west virginia and I have to come back as well so it seems like a perfect oppurtunity to me.

I'm looking for some suggestions on what to pick up to read.

I enjoy Science Fiction, Fantasy, Conspiracy Theories, Zecharia Sitchin, Lovecraft, H.G. Wells, Richard Matehson, Whitley Streiber's the greys (what I read last time), David Icke ( I know I know. I enjoy the read), Serial Killers. If its fiction I prefer it to be really unreal. However if it's non-fiction I like stuff you would never believe happend. Serial Killers for example. I'm not too picky as long as its real crazy.

I've never read any books on drugs but I'm always interested in drug and addiction stories. Such as that one book about the meth addict. I can't remeber the name but it had like broken up cocaine or meth on the cover spelling out the name.

People who act crazy without drugs are good reads for me too. Autobiographies. I just want something crazy, messed up, heck even disgusting.

Since my serial killer encyclopedia freshmen year and david icke's tales from the time loop last year I'm craving something new.

I hope that helped give you guys an idea of a good suggestion for me. I leave this coming thursday at 6 am.

I've also read Sable by Mike Grell and really enjoy violent books.

However I'm really looking forward to a new conspiracy book.

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated comrades. Thanks for your time.
NecroCombine666

Postby Nesaie » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:35 pm

OOOH, Bradbury? You know, ol' skool sci-fi, but one of my favorite authors. You can get any of his books of short stories from any used books store. I just looked up and saw "Martian Chronicles" on one of my book shelves. It's an old favorite. :D

Oh, the crack book series by George R R Martin...the first one is free. ;) The rest are very addictive, it's fantasy, loosely based on the war of the roses.

http://www.georgerrmartin.com/

God forbid if this man dies like Robert Jordan did. :(
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby nick » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:43 pm

Heres a good one - `The Diamond Age` by Neal Stephenson, its based in the future and has Nanotechnology as its theme. I couldn`t put it down.
Boom Shanka!
nick

Postby Nesaie » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:28 pm

Oooh, another great author!
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby NecroCombine666 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:53 pm

Any of these crazy sci-fi or really captivating?
NecroCombine666

Postby BloodStone » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:21 pm

I suggest " the Pentagons' new map" By Tim something or other. Google it I'm lazy. :mrgreen:

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby NecroCombine666 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:26 pm

The Pentagon's New Map: War and Peace in the Twenty-first Century by Thomas P.M. Barnett

That it?
NecroCombine666

Postby chiselray » Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 am

I dont know if youve read John Douglas's books at all ?

FBI Behavioral Science (formerly know as )profile's first hand the old stories of who was the who with serial killers..
All the typicals and best known are mentioned in Mindhunter..Gacy,Bundy,Rader,and a lot more..
He profiled a lot of them ..
Mindhunter was a good book ,The Cases That Haunt Us and BTK were all great to read.
BTK shows you the sick and twisted world,in which Denis Rader built himself.He was a unit !
I reckon the author kept it interesting by mixing the stories up a bit ,throwing similarities between cases ,toing and frowing in many of his books.
Youll like em..Do It

NIKE :geek:
chiselray

Postby BloodStone » Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:08 am

The Pentagon's New Map: War and Peace in the Twenty-first Century by Thomas P.M. Barnett

That would be the one, real good read. The guy is amazing with the scenarios he has laid out. I started reading it a while ago. I find it amazing that if we just listened to some of his recomendations, this country would be in much better shape.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Dafflis » Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:36 pm

May I suggest you all read, Earth Abides a 1949 post-apocalyptic science fiction novel by Berkeley English professor George R. Stewart.

Very topical for the moment.

Earth Abides tells the story of the fall of civilization from deadly disease and its rebirth. Beginning in the United States in the 1940s, it deals with Isherwood Williams, Emma, and the community they founded. The survivors live off the remains of the old world, while learning to adapt to the new. Along the way they are forced to make tough decisions and choose what kind of civilization they will rebuild.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earth_Abides
Dafflis

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts