The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The Conet Project - Recordings of Shortwave Numbers Stations

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Lucifer » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:08 pm

I thought this was far too interesting and had to share with the community. I have heard about these stations from time to time and always have been puzzled by the reasoning of why some would just read numbers over short wave. I think billy, bluesman and greeny would have found this interesting and loved this! You can download the recordings and play them or listen online to the stations on the link below.

http://archive.org/details/ird059

quote: (i forgot the shortcuts for all the posting thingys :P)
For more than 30 years the Shortwave radio spectrum has been used by the worlds intelligence agencies to transmit secret messages. These messages are transmitted by hundreds of Numbers Stations.

Shortwave Numbers Stations are a perfect method of anonymous, one way communication. Spies located anywhere in the world can be communicated to by their masters via small, locally available, and unmodified Shortwave receivers. The encryption system used by Numbers Stations, known as a one time pad is unbreakable. Combine this with the fact that it is almost impossible to track down the message recipients once they are inserted into the enemy country, it becomes clear just how powerful the Numbers Station system is.

These stations use very rigid schedules, and transmit in many different languages, employing male and female voices repeating strings of numbers or phonetic letters day and night, all year round.

The voices are of varying pitches and intonation; there is even a German station (The Swedish Rhapsody) that transmits a female child's voice!
oh! just remembered! :P

Strangely, I could listen all day long ... I am thinking mixing new beats with some of the recordings :thumbup:

Lucifer~>
Lucifer

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts