The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Free Will AND Predestination, BOTH are true...

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby at1with0 » Mon May 13, 2013 2:58 pm

Laplace's demon was disproved though. There is that to consider.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby bionic » Thu May 16, 2013 12:27 pm

There is also the belief in metaphysics that you choose when and how you die before you are born. Thus free will and predestination

yep..I'd forgotten about that
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Fri May 17, 2013 6:38 pm

From a purely metaphysical point of view, I think the problem of "suffering" could be resolved. Generally speaking there is a metaphysical belief that the universe, being part of God, aims to simply experience everything. From there, one could postulate that our souls, prior to birth, choose a life of suffering just to experience it. "God" or the great spirit or supreme being or whatever, doesn't really differentiate between happiness and suffering. Through the human perspective, the One simply wants to experience the entire spectrum of possibilities. Suffering, in this sense, would be just as valuable and pleasing an experience, as non-suffering.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Fri May 17, 2013 6:43 pm

Continuing with that train of thought, one could say that once the One experiences all there is to experience, its work will be done. However, the experiential possibilities are endless. And, it could explain the fact that experiences today seem so radical and heinous. Perhaps that all there is left to experience anew. Simple axe murderers are over and done with. So is living a life of comfort and reasonable wealth. Nowadays, it's all about mass killings, heinous acts of torture and stuff, and lotteries win people half a billion bucks at a time, instantly making them veritable kings and queens.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:46 am

That's an interestingly non-denominational view. Does the Bible comment on the problem of suffering?
at1with0

Postby Dragoness » Mon May 20, 2013 5:16 pm

I guess that may be one view of metaphysics. My understanding is more one of life's lesson. Goes back to free will and predestination. Your predestination is a certain path, while your free will is to either continue to make the same "mistake" or to have learned and not make that mistake. Possibly repeating until the "right" choice is made.
Dragoness

Postby frrostedman » Fri May 31, 2013 9:59 pm

Dragoness wrote:I guess that may be one view of metaphysics. My understanding is more one of life's lesson. Goes back to free will and predestination. Your predestination is a certain path, while your free will is to either continue to make the same "mistake" or to have learned and not make that mistake. Possibly repeating until the "right" choice is made.

As a bible-believer, I no longer accept the idea of widespread reincarnation. The bible teaches that reincarnation does happen on a certain level, but only for a very select few, appointed by God.

But anyway, the bible doesn't support the idea that I, for example, have lived previous lives. So, I reject the idea. However I have always been haunted by fleeting visions of what seem to be past life experiences. I don't know how to explain them, and basically conclude they are just conjured up by my imagination. But I could give some pretty detailed accounts of SOMETHING I feel like I remember. Strange stuff.
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 pm

Perhaps the program, and thus histories, can be rewritten.
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri May 31, 2013 11:55 pm

Do you discount them Frosty because you really think it is your imagination or because you do want to accept anything that may be conflicting with your Bible reading, and more directly what piers will say to you within our Bible group?
greeney2

Postby Dragoness » Sat Jun 01, 2013 4:16 pm

The problem I have with the Bible goes more towards organized religions. The Bible was written by humans. A lot of what is contained in the Bible is history. Who knows what might of been left out, or for that matter, what may have been changed to fit an interpretation of what the church wanted people to believe. Organized Religions are mainly about control. Look at the Catholics, Fundamentalists, Jehovah Witnesses, and dare I say it, Muslims.
Dragoness

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts