The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Only 2 Things We Ever Need

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby dragon15066 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:23 pm

Two Things
by: Dragon15066

There are only two things you will ever need. Both are parts of the spirit. The first love. We hear about this so much that we often forget to understand what it really means. The second is the want to see that which we love flourish. Both are selfish… not in the way we usually mean which is in fact greed. I mean it in the true sense of the word… of the self. This is all that you will ever need. I will use the example of a gardener to show this. I will be the gardener in this example as I love plants anyway.
In a world that is not separated by country or political and religious agenda’s, each person does what they have a talent for. Mine is gardening. In this case, I spend most of my time planting, weeding, and just working with the plants and the dirt. Because I love doing this, it is not work at all. I have a connection with the plants and the Earth that cannot be put into words and want the garden to flourish because it is what gives me joy beyond words. There is a relationship, a unity between life forming a perfect harmony. As everyone in the community does what they are talented in, everything seems to be in perfect supply. There is nothing undone and there is a feeling of satisfaction with each other because everyone is doing something they love and are providing something as others are doing things that in turn, provide for them as well. Like a perfect body, each organ doing it’s job, the body as a whole is in excellent health.
My garden grows strong and healthy as always, a great bond has been formed. As the plants begin to supply vegetables, the community comes and I pass on that bond to them, as it is a result of this bond formed between the plants, the Earth, and the gardener. The environment in which the veggies were grown was one of great health and happiness, and this can be tasted and felt by those who eat them.
In this example, we see how life was created to exist. Everything is appreciated, the Earth is cared for and honored effortlessly and joy is abundant. Everyone has purpose, everyone is cared for and needed. Everything has meaning. This is why life exists. This is why we are here… to experience oneness, unity, and to take care of each other, be it the gardener and the garden, or the veggies and the one’s who take in it’s nourishment. Governments cannot provide this, greed cannot provide this. Only love and the want for what we love to flourish can provide this. It is not a theory. It is how Creation was created to work. Just as Darkness and Light have been thought of as in conflict is not so. As a garden cannot have light all the time, as it will burn up, so there is darkness. A garden needs to sleep as well. When the light returns, the garden thanks the darkness for a quiet rest, and gets back to raising itself up to the Sun. Darkness and Light in perfect harmony.
dragon15066

Postby fortwynt » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:28 pm

absolutely insightful and framed in a very logical and thoughtful way.

to me, this is the "truth" all or most religions are attempting to aim at, but they tend to get bogged down by mankinds penchant for inventing "dogma" and "conditions".
fortwynt

Postby Nesaie » Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:55 am

Maybe if we gave that kind of love to all humans we encountered, the world would be a better place? Maybe, with that kind of love, to wish all to flourish and to fulfil every wish and dream in their life, people really would pass it on?
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:07 am

Like the love you show for Christians and Catholics?
greeney2

Postby Questioner101 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:50 am

Love the christians and catholics....and trees...and flowers....and kids...and earth...and ufos...and....myths and legends....and Campbell....and Gardner...and..

Doesn't mean I have to agree with every jot and piddle....
"I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request."
Questioner101

Postby heliosrex » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:05 pm

interesting..for me the only two things ive ever needed are love, and knowledge. i think perhaps in some way we are saying the same thing.
heliosrex

Postby Nesaie » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:35 pm

greeney2 wrote:Like the love you show for Christians and Catholics?

So, because I condemn Priests molesting and raping children I don't love Catholics?

Because I condemn the Torah and rape, I don't love Christians?

I've met very few Jesus followers around, but when I do, I tend to get along with them.

I wish you actually followed Jesus Greeney, I really do, but that doesn't mean I don't still try to look at you as another Buddha, as we all are.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts