The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Government and Political Conspiracies

Glad to observe that government officials in Germany...

Throughout time, there have been countless government and political conspiracies that have kept us wondering. This forum is dedicated to that very topic. Got a conspiracy theory of your own? Post it, and try to back it up as best you can!

Postby Miriam » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:06 am

Glad to observe that government officials in Germany are seeing wind energy as quite a fishy project. I may well understand their motives, their lack of enthusiasm and their move to spend less on wind energy development.
Sure thing, that's quite dubious project when you depend energetically on whims of weather! Take Bavaria for instance. This region could have never boasted strong winds! So we were just in a shock when the authorities allocated quite a sum to develop wind power facilities in here! That was just stupid and amounting to crime... you see.... that crazy idea of some "smarties" obsessed with their ambitions! I'd call that waste of money in midst of economic crisis!
They'd rather have delved into the USA experience where they now tend to curtail their wind projects so dependent on weather! Sadly enough, here in Germany there are some irresponsible people ready to bring Germany back into some cavemen's age!
Miriam

Postby AMBASSADOR_OF_KOLOB » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:46 pm

There is such a thing as "unproductive wind power" and I have done it once myself, but only to prove the concept of a wind turbine that turns regardless of wind direction, it did in fact turn in high winds, but it was not in a very windy location therefore it did not really generate that much electricity on the top of our roof, but it illustrated a principle and now I know how to build wind turbines that can turn in any direction of wind!

I merely want to point out here as the Ambassador of Kolob that when mankind went away from the free gifts of the Universe the SUNSHINE and the Wind, which are synonymous to light and spirit, we have abandoned for a most part the "freedom to breathe freely" there are those who have to work in dark tunnels or dig lots of dirt off of mountain tops to allow us to continue the "wasteful practice of pumping more green house gases" into the environment thereby "increasing the heat engine" known as planet earth, to a point where the "pot finally boils over"!

We are not far from it by any means and every day we wait, we get closer to a "boiling pot" syndrome, what will happen, at the most?

We will have saturated our enviroment so much with CO2 that shell fish no longer can grow any shells, they will be naked and prey to other fish!

We will have caused monuments to vanish if they are made of "chalk or marble" because of acid rain washing away the scuptures that were built by great artists and placed outside in rain and weather!

We will have sacrificed freedom for convenience and safety giving an "EVIL ELITE" all power over our decisions and allowing them to enslave us, is that "REALLY WANT WE WANT" let us think this over very carefully for "much depends on it"!
AMBASSADOR_OF_KOLOB

Postby greeney2 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:49 pm

Wind and solar power are both wonderful but dependent on those natural things to function. Basically both are converting some sort of energy wind or heat, into electricity. We have both in California but both are a very small part of our electrical power grid. geothermal is also part of the grid but even a smaller amount. We are about 95% hydroelectric or nuclear.

Where we do have wind and solar plants( many homes have solar panels on their houses) their big disadvantage after an available resource, is the footprint they require. I was part of building the solar plant located in Barstow (actually Dagget, California) but the mirror field is quite large. The footprint for the wind generators is very large, and requires many many square miles of area, for a large field of them. The Palm Springs generators extend along the road, many miles, and stretch out into the adjoinging foothills. Some say they are a total eyesore, others think they are a beautiful site. I have mixed emotions, being very mesmerized when you pass them, I see a mechanical beauty and wonder to them, but I also am a great lover of the desert, and they do make a visual blight on the natural landscape. Towers are very large, and they can be turned to not rotate or to rotate more with demands of power. Most wind plants are in areas notorious for very high winds. When you drive past them, it is very hypnotizing, and really is a distraction from driving. Our state is rich in mountains with no shortage of streams and snow runoff, so hydroelectric is our system of choice. The Colorado River provides power to most of the south western corner of the country.

Solar and wind are both not very cost effective yet. I am not sold on the investment on my personal home that solar is worth the spending, in terms of gilding me enough savings to be worth the money. I think most of the home solar programs are a scam, for a tax deduction. Without the tax break, nobody would spend the money on it.
greeney2

Postby EverettHolland » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:07 pm

greeney2 wrote:Wind and solar power are both wonderful but dependent on those natural things to function. Basically both are converting some sort of energy wind or heat, into electricity. We have both in California but both are a very small part of our electrical power grid. geothermal is also part of the grid but even a smaller amount. We are about 95% hydroelectric or nuclear.

Where we do have wind and solar plants( many homes have solar panels on their houses) their big disadvantage after an available resource, is the footprint they require. I was part of building the solar plant located in Barstow (actually Dagget, California) but the mirror field is quite large. The footprint for the wind generators is very large, and requires many many square miles of area, for a large field of them. The Palm Springs generators extend along the road, many miles, and stretch out into the adjoinging foothills. Some say they are a total eyesore, others think they are a beautiful site. I have mixed emotions, being very mesmerized when you pass them, I see a mechanical beauty and wonder to them, but I also am a great lover of the desert, and they do make a visual blight on the natural landscape. Towers are very large, and they can be turned to not rotate or to rotate more with demands of power. Most wind plants are in areas notorious for very high winds. When you drive past them, it is very hypnotizing, and really is a distraction from driving. Our state is rich in mountains with no shortage of streams and snow runoff, so hydroelectric is our system of choice. The Colorado River provides power to most of the south western corner of the country.

Solar and wind are both not very cost effective yet. I am not sold on the investment on my personal home that solar is worth the spending, in terms of gilding me enough savings to be worth the money. I think most of the home solar programs are a scam, for a tax deduction. Without the tax break, nobody would spend the money on it.

Germany govt has taken vital decisions to boost the use of renewable sources of energy.. It is great and other countries must learn
Last edited by EverettHolland on Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
EverettHolland

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:13 am

Hi Everett, welcome to the Blackvault. I fully agree that renewable engery is a good thing. I was trying to describe the pros and cons. Wind and solar both have their and vantages and disadvantages. They are both clean, and free, we are just tapping what is around us everyday. solar obviously the demands of power are more during daytime, so solar is a great source for daytime demands. Many plants have storage systems so that after dark some of the sunlight produced energy, is stored and actually produces electrical during night. Wind also very clean is only good where areas produce notorious winds, for instance near where my daughter lives in the lower Mojave desert. Our desert in California has what we call low desert, and what we call high desert. Lower is about sea level, and adjoining 8000 ft. mountains make perfect wind conditions. High desert is all about 3000 ft level, also has places with the same adjoining mountains causing natural wind conditions, but also subject to different rain and snow, than the lower regions. The wind farms have a few cons, one of which is the affect on wildlife birds, in addition to the very vast and large footprint, where thousands of wind towers are scattered over very large geographical areas. however because of the severe winds, these area are usually in places people do not build it, due to the conditions, they are not desirable for that use. Many just regard it as desert wasteland, however, if you know about our deserts, they are unique ecosystems, that are fragile and also like no others on earth. So the preservation of those areas is a large issue. Big solar plants also have a large footprint but not nearly as vast as the wind farm land required. I would guess the Barstow solar plant might take a a few sq miles, where the wind farms near Palm Springs California, extend at least 5 miles along the highway, and reach at least 3 miles on either side as you drive past them. 5x6= 30 sq miles at least, but the field could be even larger. Consequently they both have good and bad parts to them, but I am all for both of them. At this time both are not real cost effective yet, but many people in California install home solor panals on their roofs.
greeney2

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:55 am

Just to add one point. While solar is a great sourse for daytime demands, meaning when the sun is up is when out biggest power draws occur. The opposite is true of wind power. Winds can be very strong in day time, but in our windy areas, we get great winds during the nights, when power draws are less. Unless we have storage systems to harness the excess of current produced in low demand hours, it is wasted energy. Hydroelectric can turn off/0n water flows with the demands of power.
greeney2

Return to Government and Political Conspiracies

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts