The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

Bin Laden Death Photos Might Not See The Light Of Day

Discuss the War on Terrorism, Homeland Security, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea and other global terrorist concerns.

Postby blackvault » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:07 pm

By Michael Doyle | McClatchy Newspapers

WASHINGTON — Skeptical-sounding federal judges on Thursday considered whether the public can see pictures of terror mastermind Osama bin Laden, taken after he had been shot dead by U.S. Navy SEALs in a raid on his hideout two years ago.

The 52 pictures, some described as "graphic” and “gruesome" by a top CIA official, highlight a Freedom of Information Act fight that climaxes just as Hollywood’s version of bin Laden’s death hits movie theaters. But while Hollywood’s depiction has attracted both critical acclaim and political heat, and was accomplished with the CIA’s help, the real world pictures snapped by elite commandos seem destined to remain secret.

“They’re telling us it’s a risk . . . that Americans will die if we release these documents,” Judge Merrick Garland said Thursday, adding that “when the government tells us this is likely to lead to death, shouldn’t we defer to that (even) more than when they say it will result in the release of secret information?”

Keep reading the full article at: http://www.theblackvault.com/m/news/vie ... ght-of-day
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby En-Lugal » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:15 pm

Looks like this will clear the way to deny further FOIA requests. They'll use their stacked courts to do it.
The modern definition of ‘racist’ is someone who’s winning an argument with a liberal.
En-Lugal

Postby Wing-Zero » Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:16 pm

Excuses for photos that, in all likelihood, don't exist.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby greeney2 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 am

Gruesome? We all saw the dead bodies of Sadaam and his boys, and they were not nearly as gruesome in real life, as what we see on CSI, Criminal Minds, Dexter, and and number of movies. The idea they are too horrible to view is ridiculous. Nothing in my life is much more gruesome than remembering the people who jumped from the WTC instead of burning to death.
greeney2

Postby capricorn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:37 pm

Or the video of JFK's skull cap getting torn off.

Complete BS... The whole Osama thing... No proof of it except a Hollywood story.
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby BloodStone » Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:52 am

U cant have a death photo of a guy who cant even give us his BC .

total farce.

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby magonia17 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:08 pm

You have to ask the question, why would the security services, or the intelligence services want to photograph a deceased terrorist? The CIA trained Bin Laden and know him better than most, they probably have a extensive file on this individual.
magonia17

Postby greeney2 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:50 pm

I have no doubt that the seals all had video feeds on the helmets. The President and all in that room were watching in real time, when he was killed. That is why Hillary was gasping and had her hand on her mouth, the go ahead to take him and kill him is nessesary came from within that room, and they watched it live.
greeney2

Postby Rob61872 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:20 pm

What difference does it make? Those who feel they absolutely NEED to see the photo's won't believe the photo's are real anyway. This is the logic of conspiracy theorists that I just don't get, they'll think the government can invent new technology to create a hologram that appears to be a plane flying into the WTC, but they are incapable of photoshopping an image of Bin Laden to appear as though he is dead?

This is nothing more than straw grasping to attack an disliked president, it was done to Bush for 8 years, it was done to Clinton for 8 years, etc... The wheels on the bus go round and round. I'm not necessarily saying the present administration is being honest, or dishonest for that matter, just that the people demanding the photos will ABSOLUTELY think they are fake, no matter what, and there will be 20 million people commenting somewhere on the internet that they are fake.

I believe he's dead, I believe they killed him that night in Pakistan... What seriously needs to be investigated, IMO, is what he was doing in Pakistan, less than a mile from Pakistan's top military academy, a country we gave arms and money to for their cooperation, the country the Taliban originates from, and how long he was there. I said it 8 years or so ago that they were harboring him, what they should have been doing was bombing the piss out of Pakistan, instead of chasing imaginary weapons and Al Qaeda links in Iraq.
Rob61872

Return to The War on Terrorism & Homeland Security

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts