The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Questions that make you think...

POLL: Would You Merge With A Machine?

In this forum, questions are asked which are really tough to answer. Some philosophical, some regarding morality and many others. Have fun, and post your own personal tough questions!

Would you merge with a machine?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Yes
67%
No
17%
Not sure
17%

Total votes : 6

Postby chiselray » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:56 pm

greeney2 wrote:We have had the discussion which is really an interresting one, about the concepts of how your own heart enters into your make-up. Forintance in matters of the heart, or Love, emotions, etc. are they actually influenced by the heart or is it strictly a function of the brain, and the heart is only a blood pump?

nah...the heart is APPARENTLY (scientific) and i believe it to be as much a brain as a pump....it is much more than you think..
I tried an experiement, i simply did this .

Established a quite moment and had those typical thoughts race through your mind,chitter chat ect..
Then i chose one thought and it was about something that gave me the hsits really just recently ....you know when you hate someone and pray some drunk bastard will hopefully run that prick down ,karma may step in :pray:
Well i chose to drop that though into my heart by simply visualising it assensding into my chest area in a second flat..as i looked at my heart with taht thought the focus became one of almost a state of not caring for the issue..like a hearty dose of contentment.So where did the anger go ? I mean once i did this i realized the answer was in my heart.it may not be a case of total banishment of that thought ,but it really shouldn't be anyway,it makes you understand there is a guidance system you should be aware of..i don't understand it ,but i feel it .
chiselray

Postby Bibliophile » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:13 am

The biggest obstacle is learning to let go. Once you've figured that out it gets easier with time and age.
Bibliophile

Postby chiselray » Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:46 pm

oh wise one...you know the secret ....the learning part is always the problem....

Completely agree ...
chiselray

Postby Bibliophile » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:54 am

I'm not wise. Just posting about my personal experience. It's probably different for everyone. We all end up at the same place in the end though.
Bibliophile

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:43 pm

greeney2 wrote:Actually an interesting question. Immortal life with your brain in a mechanical machine with and endless lifespan, or eternal life in Heaven where your soul lives forever with God.

I have no god nor a desire to feel as if there is any reward or punishment following my death. I much prefer to think that nothing awaits me rather than some random being trying to hold my life in his hand with threat or punishment for what he deems right or wrong of reward for what can be monstrously evil and illogical in his name.

Eternal life would only be rewarding if there were those you love around you. As a machine sex would be moot. Alcohol and other drugs would do nothing for you. Even the simple pleasures of a good meal, a cool breeze, the touch of a lover would all be moot. With only your mind being human, that intelligent conversation and interaction, memories, dreams, and thoughts would be all you would have, Without someone to share, eternal life would far worse than any ridiculously ostentatious reward or punishment any god could give.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Postby adamwarlock2099 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:45 pm

Bibliophile wrote:I'm not wise. Just posting about my personal experience. It's probably different for everyone. We all end up at the same place in the end though.

The ground.
"To alcohol, the cause of and solution to all of life's problems." -- Homer Simpson
"You get what everyone gets. You get a lifetime." -- Death (Sandman)
adamwarlock2099

Previous

Return to Questions that make you think...

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts