The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

whats wrong with cloning

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby CodeBlack » Wed May 06, 2009 12:18 pm

I hate to tell you folks this but you are all wet on genetics. You are not even close to correct. Not only does not every cell in your body have the same exact DNA but it is impossible to guarantee perfect copies. Even your cells do not make perfect copies. That is how you get things like cancer and other mutations. And, even worse, your DNA actually changes throughout your life. For example, allergic reactions trigger genetic changes. These changes are small but sometimes significant. And there is different DNA: nuclear, mitachondrial, RNA, etc. And its not digital. Its chemical.

Making clones produces imperfect copies and those imperfections build up if you are copying copies.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby Tairaa » Wed May 06, 2009 12:33 pm

Of course, we take 12 chronosomes from each parent. (I think it's 12, it has been a while since I studies genetics though)
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed May 06, 2009 1:35 pm

Making clones produces imperfect copies and those imperfections build up if you are copying copies.

Which is what I basicly have said...
And yes there is nothing called a perfect copy or clone...
You can just tell my its thinking,
It would not even think the same things you do at the exact same time.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Wed May 06, 2009 1:43 pm

Oh goodness of course not! I agree there, but I was talking from a genetics perspective. For me a "perfect" copy simply equates to 12 chromosomes coming from each parent for zygote to have 24 chromosomes, 12 full sets. And then for it to grow without mutation, and for it's brain and body to function as normal people do, prone to variation of course.

Perhaps we will even be able to make the brain work better with genetic engineering? That'd be the day. Plug an additional processor into your head to help you think. Think it'll happen? I bet it will. :D
"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Thu May 07, 2009 2:01 am

Well that is if people begin to use the brain we already have. :lol: :lol:
Dark-Samus

Postby Tairaa » Thu May 07, 2009 12:28 pm

People selectively use their brains, but it's not always clear because their intentions are not what they appear in most cases, and so it can be hard to follow ones train of thought.
Tairaa

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri May 08, 2009 4:40 am

They barely even think... :lol: ;)
Dark-Samus

Postby SneakyAshley » Thu May 28, 2009 10:34 pm

Cloning is wrong in every single way. First we have stem cell research that is immoral in its own way. Then add cloning to the picture.. I can see stem cell research being very successful if it is being used in the right way. For example, curing diseases and other things. Cloning should be a last resort to a solution. Such as the end of the world.

This stuff makes my head hurt. :oops:
SneakyAshley

Postby Dark-Samus » Fri May 29, 2009 12:33 am

If cloning is not good at all for you then you should not be involved as much as I don´t like religion in most ways.
To each his own.
Aslong as you respect that people ahve other beliefs then it should stay that way.
Dark-Samus

Postby Aquatank » Fri May 29, 2009 6:34 am

"First we have stem cell research that is immoral in its own way."-Sneaky Ashley

The immorality of that largely depends on the source of the stem cells. Adult Stem cells can be harvested from a variety of sources including liposuction waste. Then there is the newest and probably best method and thats from a parthenogenesis mass.

The controversy lies in fetal stem cells. Arguments against this is the destruction of a fetus, the arguments for using these is these come fertility clinic waste and would have to be destroyed anyway after so long.
Aquatank

PreviousNext

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts