The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

The DSM V

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby at1with0 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:37 am

This may change what insurance covers and doesn't. Some interesting changes since the DSM IV. "Asperger syndrome will be eliminated as a separate disorder, and merged under autism spectrum disorders (ASD)."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DSM-5#Prop ... _diagnoses
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:20 am

I read this also the other day, and it caught my eye because I have a nephew who has had this. He needed all kinds of special programs and care, including having an advocate daily going to his classes with him.

I also noticed when Gietner was interviewed about the budget Sunday he mentioned in health care some changes that will result in $600 billion dollar savings, but they did not elaborate. I think this is one of them, and the result is going to be substantial claims rejected now that are not noticed like other things. Reminds me of something they did in Social security disability claims where they ruled Carpel Tunnel Syndrome would no longer the a reason for permanent disability. They pull the rug out from under many people with these acts, and it goes unnoticed because no one is paying attention to those with these problems.

Not sure how this will end up affecting all the Aspergers people but you can bet it will not be good.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:18 pm

tigger has Asperger's syndrome and you labelled her a lunatic in the Conspiracies thread (which I am glad I bumped). Makes me kind of wonder...
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts