The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Jesus was born years earlier than thought, claims Pope

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby greeney2 » Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:02 pm

What else should I think with most of your replies OT?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:44 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:
greeney2 wrote:People with a lot of tunnel vision usually do miss the point At1.

I guess to you OT everyone but you is a Heathen or Pagan.

Greeny2,

I do not suggest this at all. For I know many who are Christians...and not just myself. I think you can do better than this..much better.

Frostedman,

But to suggest that Christianity was effectively borne from Paganism? Hogwash.

I do not suggest that Christianity was born from Paganism. But I do understand that efforts were made from the beginning to infiltrate the system of God and replace or overlay it with another belief system...privily ..with subtlety...unawares. And we see this history and attempt takeing place .. both among the Hebrews and today among the Christians..privily ...without many being aware of it happening. And this from the Garden of Eden unto today.

This is the essence of the series called "The Ever War" in explain this shift and substitution to those unaware or untutored in it.

The difference in paganism and Christianity is the fruit it produces. Yesterday as well as today. And this too is covered in " The Ever War."

http://www.midnight-emissary.com/Conrad_Jarrell.html

Thanks,
Orangetom

All we can do is equip ourselves with our spiritual armor, and do our best to endure through the battle, to the end. Onward Christian soldiers! 8-)
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby orangetom1999 » Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 am

Frostedman,

All we can do is equip ourselves with our spiritual armor, and do our best to endure through the battle, to the end. Onward Christian soldiers!

Get ready for a Reichstag Fire.

Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby frrostedman » Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:05 pm

orangetom1999 wrote:Frostedman,

All we can do is equip ourselves with our spiritual armor, and do our best to endure through the battle, to the end. Onward Christian soldiers!

Get ready for a Reichstag Fire.

Orangetom

What? A White Tag Sale?

Oh... um.... sorry. Had a flashback from the Black Friday stampede madness.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby SmokinJoe » Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:31 am

No one really knows the date. One theory is it was set to coincide with pagan traditions being celebrated in that season. Another theory was proposed around 200-300AD and that was working back from Jesus's death. He was crucified in the spring and going back all those years and 9 months, they settled on that date.

Again, no one knows. Currently, there is a christian group somewhere in Europe that celebrates Christmas Day as Jan 6th or 7th. They have been doing so for centuries. So, for them, the whole pagan holiday, winter solstice, etc...doesn't even come into play.
Dawkins thinks belief in God is an excuse to evade thinking in the scientific world. Sadly, he is ignorant to the list of christian scientists who have contributed & founded many of the sciences he himself believes in. How ironic.
SmokinJoe

Postby orangetom1999 » Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:24 pm

SmokinJoe,

Again, no one knows. Currently, there is a christian group somewhere in Europe that celebrates Christmas Day as Jan 6th or 7th. They have been doing so for centuries. So, for them, the whole pagan holiday, winter solstice, etc...doesn't even come into play.

Agree...Joe..no one knows. And I dont worry about it at all..His Birthday is not important to me at all. No birthday is important to me as I decided some years past to stop with all of them.

When I learned to think ouside the box of most manmade tradition and custom...I realized the importance of Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins...is for whom He died...for whom He shed His Blood...not His birthday.

From there I began to look at other things or indexes of man made custom and tradition around me and I realized much of it was after the pattern of which the Hebrews were disobedient to the Law of Moses.

Well...I hope you get the idea here. I laughed to my self very hard when I read the title of this post...that it was the Pope's statement. It is very funny when you know the simplicity of the Truth.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts