The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Meeting between religions

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:55 am

I don´t know if you have seen or heard anything about a meeting a swedish priest have organized between mainly Jewish,Christian and Muslim leaders.

Well anyway I saw almost the whole thing.
It was pretty interesting to hear what all 3 sides had to say on what religion is, was, can be and that its role can be when it comes to peace and growth of the human existence.
The most interesting thing was.
All 3 religions no matter what their view is on God or the people around them, said:

" No matter how hard we try, religion will never take part on the peace process around the world.
However we believe that religion can still function as a comfort and guidence to those who wants it "

They have also said:

" We as religious people always try to preserve traditions, But, we also need to widen our minds and to accept that our religion is sometimes not the best religion compared to others.

Following that :

" In order for religion to play a significant role if some peace progress ever occurs.
We can contribute by respecting eachothers beliefs as a religion and as an individual "

The jewish rabbi said:

" If we are to preserve religion as a positive thing in the world, we need to recognize that our respective religions have failures no matter which religion we speak off and need to face that if ever going to respect your fellow man and those who do not believe in that what you do "

It thought it was pretty interesting.
A Sikh was also there and talked about what his religion believes in and what religions should be doing.

" In order to be neutral towards anyone we need to forget our positive sides and our negatives and realise the simple truth.
We are all humans and will always have our negative sides with us because it is still a human factor.
But helping ourselves understand that might give each of us a better understanding about others around you. "

Well I don´t know what you guys think about this.
But when it comes down to it.
There will always be someone who will not listen to this and then everyone else will ignore it aswell and this whole charade starts over again.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby Dark-Samus » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:02 am

Although I think that this is a rare occasion when it comes to religious leaders.
The question remains, do they really mean anything of what they have said?
I sure hope they do.
No I`m never going to be religious or believe in anything they believe in.
But if they do any of this then I guess a form of respect in a way could grow out of me.

Nontheless, in the end...
This is a question for every individual within religions to think about.
AND non-believers or believers in something else aswell.
But I think mainly it goes to these religions since they have the power to change themselves and thus contributing to a part in the peace process. :mrgreen:
And no there will never be anything called 100% peace. :roll:
Dark-Samus

Postby Illuminati » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:41 am

A very wise One once said long ago when asked the question "What is the whole of the Law?" to which His reply was "To love the Lord your God and to love your neighbor as yourself".

Serve whom or what you serve wholly and respect others as you wish to be respected. Pretty simple.
Illuminati

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:46 am

Yep, sadly enough almost no one follows that simple rule.
And I don´t serve anyone. :roll:
I don´t have to serve when I know what´s right.
Almost every single human already judges another one they don´t even know.
What´s worst, it´s the wrong kind of judgemental thoughts they have.
Dark-Samus

Postby Illuminati » Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:13 pm

Dark-Samus wrote:Yep, sadly enough almost no one follows that simple rule.
And I don´t serve anyone. :roll:
I don´t have to serve when I know what´s right.
Almost every single human already judges another one they don´t even know.
What´s worst, it´s the wrong kind of judgemental thoughts they have.

Who do you serve if not yourself then? Therefore you serve someone. Who do you pay taxes to, or work for if you do not serve them as well? Not trying to start an argument but open it up a bit to show that we always have someone we serve.

Even though I am a man of Faith I also serve my wife and my family. They are more important to me than myself. Even my religious practices of devotion are second only to their needs.
Illuminati

Postby Dark-Samus » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:59 pm

Well I wouldn´t call it serve though...
I would call it an absolutely flawless contribution to life, your family and yourself... :mrgreen:

I don´t really see us like slaves but...at the same time...we can´t really change much unless everyone is willing to do so...
Dark-Samus

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts