The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Can I ask religious people a question please?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Tue May 12, 2009 7:28 am

Lashmar wrote:
Lashmar wrote:I may not like religion but I respect some of you do so nice (civilized) answers only please. ;) :)

:x stick to what I asked for please! :x

I'll go ahead and let the thing get the last word in, since that's all it really wants anyway, so we can get back to real dialogue here. Since you asked, and you're the one who started this thread, I'll give you that respect.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue May 12, 2009 12:19 pm

I love how people fight over the Internet. They always act tough . Simple fact is you are both the same and in real life you would be talking to each other like this.

Knock it on the head you two before John locks this topic down (and the way it is going I say quite rightly as well).

I`m worse in real life.
I don´t agree with anyone who has stupid beliefs like saying, you don´t deserve to live or you will burn in hell.

Which has happened a few times.
The last time I got angry and burned their Jehova papers infront of them because they started to poke me for around 5 minutes while going home when I said I wasn´t interested in the nicest way possible, I am never the aggressor on anything.
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby screamzero » Tue May 12, 2009 12:22 pm

Your passive-aggressive. I got the same problem. Who are you kidding?
screamzero

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue May 12, 2009 12:29 pm

You are just aggressive no doubt about it, stop making yourself look worse now please. :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby screamzero » Tue May 12, 2009 12:51 pm

event_horizon wrote:
Lashmar wrote:I love how people fight over the Internet. They always act tough :lol: :roll: . Simple fact is you are both the same and in real life you would be talking to each other like this.

Nope. In real life I would have knocked the last of his teeth out. I don't get personal with people over the Internet, unless someone gets personal with me first, because it's a cowardly thing to do. This "screamzero", whatever the thing is, threw the first stone and it doesn't know when to quit. Apparently it enjoys getting verbally abused...probably something stemming from its childhood.

Dead-eye lies and Lash ain't forth right about not being vexing as well. You two suck.....and I did make a serious answer in the very beginning. "G-d didn't wait. Man is slow." THEN I started to get Dead-----------------------------------------_eye's embittered atheistic flack. I retaliated at his pernicious snittering. He's no respecter of another man's belief. You would put up with the presecutorial heckling? Just look at his recent asinine resp0nse. Sir. Screw the ignorance. Sorry you can't keep up.
screamzero

Postby Lashmar » Wed May 13, 2009 1:07 am

you can't even say GOD. Why should I read anything you come out with.
Read between the lies
Lashmar

Postby event_horizon » Wed May 13, 2009 2:14 pm

This crap is getting so old. I can't believe this fool is going to sit here and try to lie about who started what when the evidence is in black and white at the very bottom of page 2 in this thread. You got personal first, buddy:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=788&start=10

screamzero wrote:
event_horizon wrote:"God" didn't wait thousands of years to show "himself." "He" never did.

The reason religion still exists today is because of the clergy and the mass destruction of books in the Alexandrian Library that contained a wealth of information on Ionian/Greek cosmology and natural philosophy (a period between 700 and 300 B.C.). The ancient Ionians and Greeks were the pioneers of true science. They figured out that the Earth was round and it revolved around the sun (a fact that was lost until Copernicus 1500 years later). They even theorized about the atom as being a single indivisible unit of matter. They were interested in how the real world functioned physically, not supernaturally.

The Ionians/Greeks were isolated from the church and free from suppression. It was almost like having the freedom we have here in America, except in a much smaller region. Had science been allowed to flourish since that time, who knows where we'd be today. It's possible we could be 1500 years more technologically advanced than we are now...looking back at religion like minor bump in the road toward progress.

Heck, to go even further, the Muslim religion may not have even taken root back in the 6th century B.C., had science been able to progress back then, and we wouldn't be having all these stupid religious conflicts about who's got the best "God."

You sure put a lot of faith into not believing something you don't believe in. If doesn't matter, why chirp at all. Wish't you'd quit the ceremony of religiously brushing your teeth in the morning..but I guess you had to do that over and over again 'till you got it right.

"What's that got to do w/ the price of poon in bangkok?", You might ask. The reason religion is still around marble chip is because it has had more successes than failures. Something you don't want to acknowledge because you do not feel like it. It would be to much trouble for you or any atheist/ agnostic to allegorically express a truism. Truth to you is only black and white and that's a lie. If your so damn smart, explain to us how you constructively interact with your mind and emotions without some prompter enabling you. Plato didn't need a book to conclude ther was a G-d. The Greeks didn't either when one or two of 'em erected a statue for the "unknown" G-d. Explain your gut feelings...sa matter?...deaf to the Primal Winds? Science isn't divorced from G-d nor the other way around. You talk as if religion hasn't had a positive impact on morality and ethics. Read more.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Previous

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts