The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

Homopolar Motor and Neodymium Magnets

The newest revelations in the scientific world -- post articles, discussions and your own ideas.

Postby Butcher » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 pm

I saw some videos on youtube that caught my attention. The first one was the simplest electric motor.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU13Ftqfkh8
I bought some magnets and wire but failed to achieve these results. (This was due to my not bending the wire's fit on the bottom correctly, it has to be loose yet touch)
I found a simpler motor and after a few tries I got it to work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_j9Q2dLXzI

I later found these videos and got similar results
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iABmUEH5s0k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUXNuNZFMLY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E97CYWlALEs

Several years back (18) I saw Howard Menger on a local TV show. He showed the repelling force of aluminium and a magnet and claimed he built a working UFO for the govt. using Lenz's law.
Butcher

Postby greeney2 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:13 am

Aluminum is non magnetic, it does not have a repelling force to it. Of all the elements, 2/3rds are metals, all others are non-metals, and only iron is magnetic below approx. 1300 degrees. All other metals are non-magnetic. The only repelling force to magnetism is when like poles come near each other, they repell, which is not the same as being non-magnetic metals which do not repell at all.
greeney2

Postby Butcher » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:46 pm

greeney2 wrote:Aluminum is non magnetic, it does not have a repelling force to it. Of all the elements, 2/3rds are metals, all others are non-metals, and only iron is magnetic below approx. 1300 degrees. All other metals are non-magnetic. The only repelling force to magnetism is when like poles come near each other, they repell, which is not the same as being non-magnetic metals which do not repell at all.

True, but tests have shown certain other elements and materials are in fact di-magnetic or repelled by magnetizm. Aluminum, copper, and even water are easily shown to be dimagnetic. ( More youtube inspired kitchen experiments confirmed this and they were easy to do)

Menger had a very powerful coil, which when activated would charge and discharge one pulse of extremely high voltage. An aluminium disc/ring resting on the coil would pop into the air. Of course I figured at the time he was using compressed air or some trickery. But I have seen evidence now that makes me wonder if Howard was onto something.:S Thanks for replying.
It's an honor to rub elbows with people here.:)
Butcher

Postby Butcher » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:15 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4nTewAjhGsY

Here's a very brief demonstration of the repelling of an eletromagnet on an aluminum plate. Copper and aluminum seem to be the strongest metals I've heard of for this type of thing.
Butcher

Postby greeney2 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:09 pm

Very interresting! I am not sure this demonstrated the aluminum repelling however. The coil was energized and what occurs is a magnetic field is created. The coil is held by stings and the magnetic field force is trying to equalize itself, so pushes off the secure aluminum plate lifting the coil in a effort to equalize the field that is restricted by the strings. I see it as the strings limiting the field from finding a neutral position so it sets up this bounding affect. I do not see the aluminum as a repelling force, I see it as a solidly mounted object, and the attaching strings as impeding the field from finding a position where it equalizes. I think if you did the same demonstration you could give the strings enough free length, so the magnetic field could have enough room to rise the coil and finds a equalizing position where the coil would remain steady. I could be wrong, but its a cool demonstation. Don't try this near the swimming pool or the lawnmower gas can. :lol:

The coil when it heats is a concept used in certain types of furnaces for creating high alloy metals, called induction furnaces I think. The outer core of the furnace is a coil that is energized and the field created by in causes extreme heat in the middle of the coil, melting the metal. It uses the magnetic field surrounding the coil, that is clashing in the center of the coil. Also this is the concept of the ignition coil in your car, energizing a coil with 12 volts, that builds up a magnetic field. mounted in the middle of the primary coil, is another coil called the secondary coil. When current to the primary is stopped (either by points or a pick up in the distributer) the magnetic field collapses, casuing a high voltage to be produced in the secondary that fires your spark plug.

Good Stuff Butcher--great subject. :D
greeney2

Postby Butcher » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:46 pm

greeney2 wrote:Very interresting! I am not sure this demonstrated the aluminum repelling however. The coil was energized and what occurs is a magnetic field is created. The coil is held by stings and the magnetic field force is trying to equalize itself, so pushes off the secure aluminum plate lifting the coil in a effort to equalize the field that is restricted by the strings. I see it as the strings limiting the field from finding a neutral position so it sets up this bounding affect. I do not see the aluminum as a repelling force, I see it as a solidly mounted object, and the attaching strings as impeding the field from finding a position where it equalizes. I think if you did the same demonstration you could give the strings enough free length, so the magnetic field could have enough room to rise the coil and finds a equalizing position where the coil would remain steady. I could be wrong, but its a cool demonstation. Don't try this near the swimming pool or the lawnmower gas can. :lol:

The coil when it heats is a concept used in certain types of furnaces for creating high alloy metals, called induction furnaces I think. The outer core of the furnace is a coil that is energized and the field created by in causes extreme heat in the middle of the coil, melting the metal. It uses the magnetic field surrounding the coil, that is clashing in the center of the coil. Also this is the concept of the ignition coil in your car, energizing a coil with 12 volts, that builds up a magnetic field. mounted in the middle of the primary coil, is another coil called the secondary coil. When current to the primary is stopped (either by points or a pick up in the distributer) the magnetic field collapses, casuing a high voltage to be produced in the secondary that fires your spark plug.

Good Stuff Butcher--great subject. :D

Thanks Greeney
Three things are needed to produce electricity and therefore electromagnetizm. A conductor, a magentic field and motion (Of some sort) The swinging pendulum vid for example. The swinging magnet induces a current in the copper plate, the motion created a sympathetic field in the copper, which is the same polarity as the perm. magnet, so it has a magnetic breaking effect. :)
Butcher

Return to Scientific Discoveries and Advancements

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts