The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

What accent do you find best? Worst?

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby frrostedman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:20 pm

For women, I have always, always been attracted to foreigners. American women generally bore me and their way of speaking doesn't help.

The most annoying accent on a woman, in my opinion, is the New England accent; more specifically the Boston or Baltimore accent. I find the accents to be quite annoying to begin with, but not so much for a man as a woman. They don't carry the least bit of sex appeal or intrigue. The most attractive US accent for a woman to me is the Deep South accent. That Southern twang is like music from a woman's lips. Although generally speaking it doesn't tend to make one sound very intelligent. But still, even that accent is lacking in my opinion.

On the other hand, I absolutely adore my Hispanic wife's accent!!! I love the way Hispanics talk, especially when they speak English.

But I think the most attractive accent for a woman is... well, I'm torn. It's a tie between the English accent (sophisticated and pleasant-sounding) and the Russian accent (it's just downright sexy for a woman).

Your favorites and least favorites?
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:46 pm

Accents are pretty interresting when you think about where they cross from one to another geographically. My wife came from New Jersey, and her and her sisters got teased pretty bad. first day at school the cloths they wore back east were gone after the first day, along with accents not being accepted. Accents from different regions, are usually intriging on one hand and down right annoying on another. I think our generation equates the Boston, New England accents, to JFK, the Kennedy era of Politics, Ive League schools, etc. I think there are also differnt kinds of Hispanic accents, and a big difference between genuine Old Mexico roots which I love, and what I am more exposed to, Americanized Southern Califonia inner city hispanic accents and culture. 2 accents I positively can't stand, are the hispanic gang trash jargon and accents, and can not stand the affluent Valley Girl phony talk. What used to be the Califonia surfer girl image with accents in my era dissappeared.

My friend parents were from Austrialia growing up, which I loved, and they were also really nice people to all the kids.

I grew up in Buffalo, and always was intrigued by the French Canadian accents.

Mrs G2 being from New Jersey and has Italian roots, grew up exposed to the different ethnic neighborhoods in Newark. They were difinatly seperated in those years, like in New York City.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:07 pm

I like all accents..I find them.. interesting.
I like to try and mimmick them, and can do a pretty good job with most..but for some reason, everytime I try to do an Irish brogue, it comes out as sounding like I'm a a person from India..go figure
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts