The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Diablo 3

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby at1with0 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 am

Just started a few days ago my battle id is arostu#1133
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:10 pm

Interesting. I'll look you up. I've got a few characters going and just made it to nightmare level with a demon hunter. I'm in act 3 with a wizard that I'm having fun with lately.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:20 pm

frrostedman wrote:Interesting. I'll look you up. I've got a few characters going and just made it to nightmare level with a demon hunter. I'm in act 3 with a wizard that I'm having fun with lately.

I feel the wizard spell disintegrate is op. I defeated diablo on my first try just now. The skeleton king was way harder for me. Now I will give nightmare a shot...
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:50 pm

at1with0 wrote:
frrostedman wrote:Interesting. I'll look you up. I've got a few characters going and just made it to nightmare level with a demon hunter. I'm in act 3 with a wizard that I'm having fun with lately.

I feel the wizard spell disintegrate is op. I defeated diablo on my first try just now. The skeleton king was way harder for me. Now I will give nightmare a shot...

I prefer a combination of hydra, blizzard, and electrocute. Disintigrate is an arcane power drainer big time. I hardly see my arcane power go down using the other 3 in tandem, and everything dies before it gets anywhere near me. Now.. in a boss-battle? Yes, disintigrate is going on the skill bar!
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:51 pm

I'm feeling like tooling around with my wizard... not really into going back to the demon hunter for some nightmare stuff, so, I'll friend you but I guess we won't be able to play co-op until you start a new char or I get my wizard leveled up to where you are.
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:51 pm

The BUTCHER was my toughest boss battle.
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:37 pm

I rarely have arcane management issues even when spamming disintegrate. One of my passive skills I use is Astral Presence, "Increases your maximum Arcane Power by 20 and Arcane Power regeneration by 2 per second. "

And I also use glass canon to make it more effective and, lastly, I use blur to reduce incoming damage.

I do have to wait a few seconds to regain arcane after clearing a room full of demons, though, while you may not. I also use the hydra and Archon when needed.

What do you think about the story, all the stuff about heaven and hell, angels demons and a war between them all? They even use Biblical-sounding names sometimes. I thought some of the cinematics of heaven and hell were really nice.
at1with0

Postby bionic » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:53 am

At1, your new WoW?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:44 am

I estimate playing about 2500-3000 hours in WoW.

I am not gonna spend nearly that amount of time in D3 :o
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:35 pm

The story is intriguing. I don't know why they originally incorporated the Heaven/Hell concept, unless it was to capture a more mainstream audience. The story has so many non-biblical leanings, I think they should have just done away with any of it. However, they surprisingly use little bits and pieces of actual historical writings and Scriptures.

The story to me is a lot like the Sumerian writings where the "angels," led by EN.LIL, had decided to wipe out mankind but one of them rebelled against them (EN.KI) and took our side. In D3, the Tyrael character plays the role of EN.KI while Imperius plays the role of EN.LIL. So it's a lot like the Sumerians wrote about, but with a biblical twist for enhancement and to maybe give it a more familiar feel.

I do like how in D3, super powerful humans were created called Nephalem which does match canonical and non-canonical writings from antiquity. But in D3 the Nephalem were created by the union of an angel and demon, while in non-canonized Scriptures (the Book of Enoch), the Nephalem were born when angels shacked up with female humans. And in the Book of Enoch, these Nephalem were demi-gods and grew to 45 feet tall (or 450 feet tall if you do not believe there was an error in translation... the translated book literally says 300 cubits or, 450 feet).
frrostedman

Next

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts