The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Miss USA contest turned into gay politics!

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:36 pm

I do not pay attention to these contests and could care less who wins, or if it even is held. However, when the fate of a contestant hinges on being forced to acknowledge same sex marriage, and be forced to stand on a gay platform as condition of winning, that is wrong. The politcal adgenda of these kind of contests should be neutral, and such questions should not be allowed. As the questions stated, only 4 states have passed these laws so 46 have not. California recently voted in the Constitutional amendment to define marriage between a man and woman. To tell this girl, she lost becasue of her belief, and the way she was raised is a disgrace. She should have answered to question that as a registered voter, she has the right to a secret ballot, and the question to her was very improper.

Bottom line is if you were asked this same question in a job interview, and you were told it cost you the getting the job, that is called discrimination. You would have a legal lawsuit against that company. The positon of gay marriage has notihing to do with the Miss USA pagent, any more than your religion, choice of politcal parties, opinions about how to fight terrorism, or other irrelevant things.

Perez Hilton: 'The Way Miss California Answered Her Question Lost Her The Crown'Access Hollywood - April 20, 2009 1:09 PM PDT

celebs:Shanna Moakler

Perez Hilton and Miss California Carrie Prejean
Getty Images / WireImageAccess Hollywood LAS VEGAS, Nev. -- Miss North Carolina Kristen Dalton may have been crowned Miss USA 2009 on Sunday, but on Monday, it was Miss California Carrie Prejean's answer to a question about same-sex marriage from celebrity blogger and pageant judge Perez Hilton that was the night's biggest story.

During the show, Perez asked Carrie, "Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalize same sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit? Why or why not?"

VIEW THE PHOTOS: The Latest Star Sightings

"Well I think it's great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. Um, we live in a land that you can choose same sex marriage or opposite marriage and, you know what, in my country and in, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," Carrie said to a mix of boos and applause. "No offense to anybody out there. But that's how I was raised and that's how I think that it should be between a man and a woman."

Carrie's answer to the hot button question cost her the crown - at least according to Perez.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Hollywood Blondes

"The way miss California answered her question lost her the crown, without a doubt!" Perez told Access Hollywood after the pageant. "Never before that I'm aware of has a contestant been booed at Miss USA."

Keith Lewis, Co-Executive Director of the Miss California USA and Miss California Teen USA said in statement to Access Hollywood that he respects Carrie's opinion, even if it differs with his.

"I am proud of Carrie Prejean's beauty and placement at the 2009 Miss USA pageant. I support Carrie's right to express her personal beliefs even if they do not coincide with my own," Keith told Access. "I believe the subject of gay marriage deserves a great deal more conversation in order to heal the divide it has created."

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Gay & Lesbian Hollywood

PerezHilton.com initially reported that Keith was "personally saddened and hurt" by Carrie's comments. Keith told Access he did not release a statement to the celebrity blogger.

A rep for Shanna Moakler , who inherited the Miss USA title in 1995 when Miss USA Chelsi Smith was crowned Miss Universe, told Perez that she "supports Keith's views 100%."

On Monday morning, Miss California talked to Billy Bush for "The Billy Bush Show" and Access Hollywood. To listen to Billy's interview where Carrie revealed that a member of her family is a gay rights activist, CLICK HERE!

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
PLAY IT NOW: AUDIO EXCLUSIVE: Miss California Drops Another Gay Rights Bombshell
PLAY IT NOW: Miss USA 2009 Pajama Party

MORE ACCESS ON THESE TOPICS: Pageants - Politics - Billy Bush - LGBT - Reality TV
greeney2

Postby Dark-Samus » Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:38 pm

I`m tired of this aswell.
This turning into a gay political issue.
American Idol with it´s annoying AIDS campaigns.
And the list goes on.
I guess most want to show that they "care" about these problems just to get ratings and popularity. :roll:
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby mael » Tue Apr 21, 2009 4:08 am

Thank the Jews for political correctness.
mael

Postby gangstalking » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:32 am

I saw the clip for Miss America and that was really wrong and out of place. I think someone should look into this, because the other contestant was asked an airy question, that was so easy to answer.

If the contest is going to be about politics and if you have to subscribe to the views of others to win, they should state that. Miss California handled herself well under the circumstances. They must have known what her views were ahead of time, and used it against her, either she states her true views and loses, or fakes it and wins. I think it's good that she stood up for what she believed in. It showed character, I will remember her more than that other girl that won.
Gang Stalking World
http://www.GangStalkingWorld.com
United we stand, divided we fall.
gangstalking

Postby Dark-Samus » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:47 am

Contests and entertainment shows are often used for political agendas anyway...
Truth doesn´t control you, you control it...
Dark-Samus

Postby gangstalking » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:06 am

I don't think I ever clued into this before. I usually pay attention to the people protesting about the small swimsuits this, and why should it be a beauty contest that.

I still think it was unfair and biased but, she handled herself well and that's what i remember most.
Gang Stalking World
http://www.GangStalkingWorld.com
United we stand, divided we fall.
gangstalking

Postby screamzero » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:09 am

mael wrote:Thank the Jews for political correctness.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: what a gag throttle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: It's gay Nazi week mealy...they need compassionate equality as well...gawed, u peeps are so slab headed :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
screamzero

Postby screamzero » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 am

(tears)
screamzero

Postby mael » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:13 am

mael

Postby Rob72 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 9:34 am

There are always some political questions, and more often then not the answer is in support of conservative views.

Perez Hilton says she lost because of the answer, so she is saying it too, they are all idiots.

Greeney, I could say with 150% certainty that your opinion on the subject would be completely different if she supported gay marriage, lost, and claimed she lost because of it... Because that's just the kinda guy you are. :lol:

:roll:
Rob72

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts