The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Prisoner's Cinema?

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby frrostedman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:37 pm

What do you think it is???

Some kind of interference from the brain, maybe oscillating through the optic nerve?

Purple dominates mine, though I see green and red and a lot of white/grey as far as the "tv snow" effect.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:09 pm

Perhaps your visual cortex is processing other activity.
Does it throb or otherwise respond if you're listening to music?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:09 pm

at1with0 wrote:Perhaps your visual cortex is processing other activity.

Music has no effect on it whatsoever. But my imagination and attempts to control the visions do have an effect.

My most powerful states of meditation come about when I try to "fly through" what I see. That's what I was doing when I had that horrible, traumatic, screaming fit and had difficulty breathing. Brother said I astral-projected and it scared me. Thing is, that wouldn't have scared me though I admit I had the symptoms of someone whose spirit was leaving their body. I think my Father was more correct. I must have come across something in the "spiritual world" that was pure evil.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby humphreys » Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:03 am

frrostedman wrote:What do you think it is???

Some kind of interference from the brain, maybe oscillating through the optic nerve?

Purple dominates mine, though I see green and red and a lot of white/grey as far as the "tv snow" effect.

I have no idea what it is, I never thought much about it, figured it was completely normal.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby at1with0 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:15 pm

frrostedman wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Perhaps your visual cortex is processing other activity.

Music has no effect on it whatsoever. But my imagination and attempts to control the visions do have an effect.

My most powerful states of meditation come about when I try to "fly through" what I see. That's what I was doing when I had that horrible, traumatic, screaming fit and had difficulty breathing. Brother said I astral-projected and it scared me. Thing is, that wouldn't have scared me though I admit I had the symptoms of someone whose spirit was leaving their body. I think my Father was more correct. I must have come across something in the "spiritual world" that was pure evil.

Interesting.

I had an event at some time where I felt I was leaving my body...it registered in my sense of touch. And I got a wave of panic and went right back into my body. Other times I have done something that might have been astral projection but it's not as though I left my body; more like my sense of self expanded beyond my body. I personally am of the mind that encountering something that is pure alien will feel in one's bones similar to what it would be like to encounter pure evil.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts