The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Cryptozoology

Patterson Gimlin Film

Sightings of bigfoot, lake monsters around the world, and the chupacabras are just some of the many cryptozoological stories on the rise! Although many of these stories are controversial - some have evidence that defies belief.

Postby Butcher » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:59 am

I remember when I was in Junior High a movie came out about Bigfoot. It had the PG footage in it.
Over the years I've seen and heard pros and cons as to the authenticity of said footage.
On one hand it's hard to believe a handful of cowboys could fake a film that experts in mimicking primates say they couldn't do. The breasts etc are sophisticated for a cowboy to do.
On the other hand Patterson wrote a book about a female Sasquatch, bought an ape suit prior to the filming.
In high school a trusted friend and teacher told me he saw a small group of Bigfoot in the Raywa Wilderness area in Colorado. I myself hiked along the switchback and trails in that very area. Several time I got that feeling I was being watched.
I was a confirmed believer in said creature, but in my old age skepticism set in. :)
Butcher

Postby frrostedman » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:45 am

The Six Million Dollar Man kicked Sasquatch's ass. I saw it with my own eyes.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby BloodStone » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:43 am

Frrosted is right .... Andre the Giant got his ass kicked by Steve Austin :lol:

Great stuff... :clap:

I think its hard to fake...I've seen lots of info now with many close ups of that video... Its real hard to fake the muscles flexing while walking..and so forth.. It would have been a real head of its time type of suit to pull that off...

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby cormac » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:56 pm

i agree with the 'awfully hard to fake' crowd on this ... some other films we've all seen are obvious fakes ... but the patterson film, damn that looks too real ... and we've all seen too other shows where they try to recreate that same footage ... they get a tall guy or a physically skilled actor and try and make footage that even approximates the movements of the female in the patterson film and honestly, i have never seen one that even gets close ...

there is another film too i saw them try and recreate ... it has a bigfoot running from left to right in the frame across a meadow that is rising up in the background (sorry don't know all these names etc but if you're even a bit interested you probably know the one i'm talking about and the show that tries to recreate it) ... anyway they got a cross country runner from a local college and had him trying to just recreate the speed of the bigfoot across this same area ... he sprained an ankle trying ... so probably not a guy and his buddy who had a few too many PBRs one night and thought this idea up ... when a good collegiate cross country runner can't replicate the speed then i'd have to say it is something not human ... i mean on top of just maintaining the speed across rough terrain, the guy would have to wear a bigfoot costume ... this runner was in shorts and running spikes ... i don't think there's much of a chance someone faked that one

and by the way i've been trying to find a bigfoot film i saw and i can't so perhaps some of the bvers can help me out :) it had a short fat guy interviewed in it on a logging road, he was a logger or was out there a lot or something, and he was showing this camera crew signs of bigfoot had been there and stuff ... saw it maybe 12 years ago? i can't find it in the docus i've found online ... perhaps someone else remembers this ... the guy was very convincing i thought ...

and steve austin used an illegal choke hold on bigfoot or else he'd gotten his arse kicked :P lol
take care :)
cormac

"I have measured out my life with coffee spoons"
-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby Butcher » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:43 pm

cormac wrote:i agree with the 'awfully hard to fake' crowd on this ... some other films we've all seen are obvious fakes ... but the patterson film, damn that looks too real ... and we've all seen too other shows where they try to recreate that same footage ... they get a tall guy or a physically skilled actor and try and make footage that even approximates the movements of the female in the patterson film and honestly, i have never seen one that even gets close ...

there is another film too i saw them try and recreate ... it has a bigfoot running from left to right in the frame across a meadow that is rising up in the background (sorry don't know all these names etc but if you're even a bit interested you probably know the one i'm talking about and the show that tries to recreate it) ... anyway they got a cross country runner from a local college and had him trying to just recreate the speed of the bigfoot across this same area ... he sprained an ankle trying ... so probably not a guy and his buddy who had a few too many PBRs one night and thought this idea up ... when a good collegiate cross country runner can't replicate the speed then i'd have to say it is something not human ... i mean on top of just maintaining the speed across rough terrain, the guy would have to wear a bigfoot costume ... this runner was in shorts and running spikes ... i don't think there's much of a chance someone faked that one

and by the way i've been trying to find a bigfoot film i saw and i can't so perhaps some of the bvers can help me out :) it had a short fat guy interviewed in it on a logging road, he was a logger or was out there a lot or something, and he was showing this camera crew signs of bigfoot had been there and stuff ... saw it maybe 12 years ago? i can't find it in the docus i've found online ... perhaps someone else remembers this ... the guy was very convincing i thought ...

and steve austin used an illegal choke hold on bigfoot or else he'd gotten his arse kicked :P lol

I've watched quite a few videos. Many were bogus or probably nothing more than a hiker at a distance. Too many of the films are obvious fakes. Just my opinion. The PG film was the one I was convinced was real for a long time. After reviewing the films of Patterson buying an ape suit, renting a camera. Finding a female bigfoot 1 year after his story (which bombed) about such a creature. Also his tie in with a Star Trek actor who used a mask in ST with facial similarities to "Patty." It just casts a reasonable doubt in my mind at this time to be honest. :) I am willing to watch any vids :D
Also the video of the walk of the guy who claims to be "Patty" seems too close to be faked. Odd after all these years I am more skeptical, maybe it's my old age.
Butcher

Postby cormac » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:28 pm

butcher ... btw you mentioned the movie you saw in junior high about bigfoot ... i'm a bit younger than you but not much and i remember seeing this at the local theatre as a preview to whatever movie was the feature ... i don't remember the 'real' feature because this was what caught my imagination big time lol... i was checking out all the books i could find at the library on what is now called cryptozoology (Abominable Snowman and what not) and the nice librarian even got books from other libraries for me ... i'm sure my parents appreciated her 'feeding' my appetite for that when i was in 5th grade or so lmao ... that film was pretty amazing to see at that age as i'm sure you remember the same feeling ...

but there's actually film of Patterson buying the suit and stuff? i didn't know that ... i'd heard he had an interest and even was working on a book or screenplay ... that came up in the last, i don't know, 5 years or so i think i heard that somewhere ... i didn't realize there was much more evidence he was working this angle ... so you think it's a fake now with all this evidence that he was trying to get a movie made or something? (that will bum me out but lay it on me, brother bv'er) lol
cormac

-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby Butcher » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:35 pm

cormac wrote:butcher ... btw you mentioned the movie you saw in junior high about bigfoot ... i'm a bit younger than you but not much and i remember seeing this at the local theatre as a preview to whatever movie was the feature ... i don't remember the 'real' feature because this was what caught my imagination big time lol... i was checking out all the books i could find at the library on what is now called cryptozoology (Abominable Snowman and what not) and the nice librarian even got books from other libraries for me ... i'm sure my parents appreciated her 'feeding' my appetite for that when i was in 5th grade or so lmao ... that film was pretty amazing to see at that age as i'm sure you remember the same feeling ...

but there's actually film of Patterson buying the suit and stuff? i didn't know that ... i'd heard he had an interest and even was working on a book or screenplay ... that came up in the last, i don't know, 5 years or so i think i heard that somewhere ... i didn't realize there was much more evidence he was working this angle ... so you think it's a fake now with all this evidence that he was trying to get a movie made or something? (that will bum me out but lay it on me, brother bv'er) lol

A quick youtube search Patterson Bigfoot Fake will yield a ton of watching. As I said it casts a shadow of doubt in my mind. ;) Here is one vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2lh1IA2U90
Butcher

Postby Butcher » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:40 pm

cormac wrote:butcher ... btw you mentioned the movie you saw in junior high about bigfoot ... i'm a bit younger than you but not much and i remember seeing this at the local theatre as a preview to whatever movie was the feature ... i don't remember the 'real' feature because this was what caught my imagination big time lol... i was checking out all the books i could find at the library on what is now called cryptozoology (Abominable Snowman and what not) and the nice librarian even got books from other libraries for me ... i'm sure my parents appreciated her 'feeding' my appetite for that when i was in 5th grade or so lmao ... that film was pretty amazing to see at that age as i'm sure you remember the same feeling ...

Here's the film that sparked my interest.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjVIX98wFN8
Butcher

Postby cormac » Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:32 pm

cool ... wow i never thought i'd see that film again but that's the one i saw too ... really amazing to see it again :) thanks for sharing that treasure :)
cormac

-- T.S. Eliot
cormac

Postby Butcher » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:54 pm

cormac wrote:cool ... wow i never thought i'd see that film again but that's the one i saw too ... really amazing to see it again :) thanks for sharing that treasure :)

I found it by chance. I somehow remembered Peter Graves, which was the clincher. :)
Butcher

Next

Return to Cryptozoology

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts