The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Who are the actual haters?

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby OraProNobis » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:34 am

I've always found Kirk Cameron to be a really decent guy, and he happens to be a very strong Christian. He was baited by Piers Morgan on his talk show about his views on homosexuality. Not once did Kirk say he hated gays, but merely gave his views on what he saw as the societal effects of homosexuality.

I find it ironic that so many of these people who preach tolerance would distort to such extremes what he had to say, and say that what he said was like being an accomplice to murder.. (these are the same humans who are pro choice by the way. Apparently its ok to kill unborn babies, but to give a view point on homosexuality , that differs from your own is like being an accomplice to murder . Go figure ?? :eh: )

Sorry gay people, Christians love you, we even love murderers , we just don't agree with the act. We are not calling you horrid, just saying it is not what God intended, much as fornication out of marriage , and adultery are not what God intended for hetrosexuals.

I know I will get flamed for this , but I had to say it. I admire Kirk for sticking to his viewpoints , and pointing out that it isn't about hate, and no one should be bullied or shown cruelty for being gay . But if gay people want tolerance for their viewpoints, they need to have tolerance for others viewpoints as well .

Cantone, Joe | josephcantone@yahoo

Hollywood piles on Kirk Cameron for gay comments; Roseanne calls ‘accomplice to murder’

by Kathleen Gilbert

HOLLYWOOD, California, March 16, 2012 (LifeSiteNews.com) - After actor Kirk Cameron refused to back down on statements criticizing the societal effects of homosexuality, a deluge of angry retorts poured in from others in the entertainment industry, with some calling Cameron “a complete tool,” a “douchebag,” and “an accomplice to murder,” among other slurs.

Cameron, formerly the child star of the sitcom “Growing Pains,” was steered into a discussion on homosexuality by CNN’s Piers Morgan during an interview on Cameron’s new movie “Monumental.” In response to a question about his beliefs, Cameron called the practice of homosexuality “unnatural.” “I think that it is detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization,” he said.

In response to an initial blowback accusing him of “hatred,” Cameron said in a statement that that was “not true. I can assuredly say that it’s my life’s mission to love all people.”

“I should be able to express moral views on social issues, especially those that have been the underpinning of Western civilization for 2,000 years — without being slandered, accused of hate speech, and told from those who preach ‘tolerance’ that I need to either bend my beliefs to their moral standards or be silent when I’m in the public square,” he said.

He concluded, “I believe we need to learn how to debate these things with greater love and respect.”

Nonetheless, a host of entertainers, particularly those identifying as homosexuals, responded on Twitter and in Youtube videos criticizing Cameron. Many joked or insinuated that Cameron is a closet homosexual, and still more criticized his remarks as “un-Christlike.”

“I know that’s not what your Jesus wants ... he would never spread that kind of hate,” actor and comedian Michael Cornacchia said in a video message. Gay comedian Randy Rainbow issued a mock video portraying Cameron, whom he identified as “a complete tool,” as his homosexual lover.

In a discussion with comedian Lewis Black, Piers Morgan reflected on being stunned by what he saw as the total incongruity of being Christian and “so calmly” expressing Biblical beliefs about homosexuality. “I just don’t think you can sit there with a straight face and say I’m a Christian, God fearing, all around good person, but by the way I hate these people who were born the way they were,” said Morgan, who called Cameron’s comments “transparently offensive.”

Comedienne Roseanne Barr branded Cameron an accomplice to murder for opposing homosexuality. “Kirk or kurt or whatever Cameron is an accomplice to murder with his hate speech. So is rick warren. Their peers r killing gays in Uganda,” she tweeted.

Talk show host Rosie O’Donnell, who identifies as a lesbian, also issued a monologue against Cameron’s “hatred.” “It’s very un-Christlike Kirk. Really. If you want to follow the Jesus model, man, don’t go shamin’ people like that for who they are!” she exclaimed.

In a subsequent segment, however, O’Donnell toned down her criticism, saying that after she had invited Cameron onto her show, he politely declined and asked the host to come to dinner.

O’Donnell said that Morgan had “kinda baited” Cameron with the question and, although she shied away from the prospect of “Biblical ping-pong” over dinner, thanked Kirk for the show of charity. “This is how fences get mended,” she said.

Copyright © 2010 LifeSiteNews.com, Inc. All rights reserved.

Once again have to add that the "Jesus" model is loving the sinner but not the sin.

In noway would Jesus ever condone homosexuality . He would never condone abortion either. His mercy and love is very forgiving of both sins , if repented , but there is no chance of Him "accepting" these sins as being "part" of that person.

Ok..let the flame throwing begin.. (pulls out shield and waits :shifty: )
Last edited by OraProNobis on Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
OraProNobis

Postby greeney2 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:59 am

The Key word you used was to "distort". It has been done to anyone who has spoke of the fact homosexual acts are regarded as sins in every legitimate religion. They distort Bible scripture, and call it homophobia and hate. Perez Hilton distorted what was said to answer the question about marriage between a man and a woman, causing a young girl her crown, just because she had a religious belief. And on this board the famous proofs of "Imaginary God" are all distortions of Bible scripture.

Seems to be the common thread, that distortion of facts, opinions, or Bible Scripture is the means to argue any and all anti religion agendas, be it a life style forbidden in the eyes of God, to the Sacrament of Marriage and Vows made to God, to the very belief in God itself.
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:22 pm

You're a living/breathing Black Vault distortion...in need of a good head banging to perhaps fix it.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:10 am

The truth hurts, and the truth is exactly what OraProNobis stated, which I have said for a long time. The real haters distort the facts or situation. Its not my fault other people see it EH, I'm not the only one.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:32 am

OraProNobis wrote:Sorry gay people, Christians love you, we even love murderers , we just don't agree with the act. We are not calling you horrid, just saying it is not what God intended, much as fornication out of marriage , and adultery are not what God intended for hetrosexuals.

Madness. Madness to breathe the word gay anywhere near the word murderer.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby OraProNobis » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:45 am

At1with0
Madness. Madness to breathe the word gay anywhere near the word murderer.

I agree, so why would Rosanne Barr, equate someone who doesn't agree with homosexuality as an accomplice to murder?

If you read the article carefully you would see why I even bring up murderer.

I find it ludicrous that because Kirk has views that differ from hers she can call him and accomplice to murder. Yet this same person feels justified in saying abortion is not wrong ??

Never once did Kirk say that gays should be killed or hung, and if that is what they do in other countries, or religions, it doesn't mean he agrees with it. There are many who feel capital punishment is wrong , but none the less, it is a law in this country , and how many innocents have died because of it ?

Please AT1with0, at least try and understand why murderer was even brought into the equation, before you cast judgements.

Thank you.
OraProNobis

Postby at1with0 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:05 am

So there are extenuating circumstances with regard to why gay people were mentioned in the same breath as murderers. M'kay.

I'm sure you've already heard the counter-theory that sin was invented by mankind, so there is nothing new to you in these song lyrics. I can't say I agree 100% with any theory but at least as far as knowing thy enemy is concerned it might prove entertaining for you to mock.

Secured limitations
you created this thing you call sin
A guide for the undisciplined sheep
through the pain and denial the pleasure reaped
a freedom contained within a shell
and all that's without you call hell

You scorn our existence
Unclean despising our ways
Shall the unclean come and infect you
For our ways, disheveling your hold
and the random perplexing the fold
Behind the walls of concrete, they hide
Secured limitations
From uncertainties the god-mind knows
and from the nothingness, all the wines flow
The affluence, the god-mother's gift
but you can't see through the concrete
You scorn our existence
Unclean despising our ways
Shall the unclean come and inflect you
For the heathens have chosen a different light
and the vision of the all through the inner sight
For the freedoms and prisons are in the mind
Secured limitations
From the uncertainties the god-mind knows
and from the nothingness all the wines flow
The affluence, the god-mother's gift
but you can't see through the concrete

The solo here is called Born Again.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:16 am

I love gays and have many gay friends and familiy members. :thumbup:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:49 am

So do you support Gay marriage, civil unions, neither or both Frosty?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:51 am

greeney2 wrote:So do you support Gay marriage, civil unions, neither or both Frosty?

I want the gays to be as happy as can be! And yes I support civil unions! :thumbup:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts