The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Land of the Free

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:41 am

Deception By Prosecutors May Lead to Mistrial in Hutaree Militia Case

In the latest twist in the Hutaree Militia trial in Detroit’s Federal Court, on Wednesday, defense attorneys made a motion for a mistrial based on the prosecution failing to turn over information concerning the undercover FBI agent who infiltrated the group.

This group:

These people:
The trial began on February 13 and is expected to run into mid April. Most of the defendants have been held without bail since their arrest in March of 2010.

Held without bail since 2010 and the best part......The FBI and it's asset...

Aside from the FBI agent, the main prosecution witness was a paid informant with a very questionable background. Dan Murray was officially paid $31,000 by the FBI to gather evidence against the militia group. During his cross examination by the defense, he admitted a history of alcohol abuse and mental illness. He was also forced to describe the time he stabbed himself in the belly with a 14 inch knife and tried to blame it on his wife. “I cut myself, yes sir,” Murray testified in court, where defense attorney James Thomas pressed him to admit that he initially falsely accused his wife of stabbing him in April 2010. “That was a lie, yes,” Murray said, later adding, ” I told them the truth as soon as I could … I said she didn’t do it. I did.”

The type of people they recruit, just like those they " all of a sudden save the world from, even us " :lol: :lol:

Murray also was forced to admit that one month prior to the arrest of the militia members, he had been arrested for shooting a gun in the direction of his wife during an argument. Of course, he denies shooting at his wife, saying, “I did not shoot at my wife … I shot my gun at a door,” Murray testified, adding he set the gun down afterward and went outside and waited for police to come.

Murray, who remains married, ended up pleading guilty to discharging a weapon at a building and received three years probation in Wayne County Circuit Court. Defense lawyers have argued that Murray, who was initially charged with three felonies, got special treatment in that case because the federal government intervened on his behalf because he was an informant. The U.S. Attorneys office and Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy’s office have denied the claim.

Miraculously, he was not charged under Michigan’s gun crime law. This law automatically adds a two year prison sentence to any crime committed with a gun. The mandatory two years, which is supposed to be non-negotiable, is to be served before beginning the sentence for the underlying crime.

While I cannot say with all certainty that he received special treatment, it certainly appears that way. I would expect that under normal circumstances, a person shooting near where his wife stood, would be charged with attempted murder or at the very least, assault with a deadly weapon. He would also get the mandatory 2 year gun sentence. Since all parties deny a Quid Pro Quo, and we all know that the government would not lie to us, we will just have to consider Murray very lucky.

As a final insult to the system, Murray failed to pay income tax on the reported $31,000 he received from the FBI.

ANYWAY.........

Pretty accurate depiction:

All together now: " LAND THAT I LOVE-----STAND BESIDE HER........Ah you get the drift.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2012/03/23 ... itia-case/

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:34 am

Judge tossed it................NOT that anyone really cares! :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Twitter must be taking over, or maybe the wii's have yet to die....texting anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detained for years without cause and not a peep. Sad.

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts