The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Myth of Militant Atheism

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:48 am

greeney2 wrote:You thirve on this, playing mind games

Your delusional mind only perceives it as "mind games." You're at the peak of mental illness, and it's called paranoid schizophrenia.

Signs and symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia may include:

Auditory hallucinations, such as hearing voices
Delusions, such as believing a co-worker wants to poison you (or believing people are playing "mind games" with you)
Anxiety
Anger
Emotional distance
Violence
Argumentativeness
Self-important or condescending manner
Suicidal thoughts and behavior

http://www.bing.com/health/article/mayo ... s#symptoms

Get medicated.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:57 am

Sorry my friend, but the only two not underlined, that I do not know if they fit you are violence and suicide, but they are possibilities. You may definatly add emotional distance to all the others underlined, and apply them to yourself. :oops: The Delusion part for you is the obsession you are always right.
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:07 am

It's good that at least you're not denying any of your symptoms. The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. Kudos. :thumbup:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby OraProNobis » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:39 pm

Event_Horizon wrote:

On the contrary, you're basing your entire life on a lie.

Living your life according to ancient man, chained to a book, is a wasted life.

Your time on Earth is lost -- that's what you lose.

You are the ones losing everything; we lose nothing.

How have I lost time on earth? please.. let me know how believing in a loving , just, Creator and Redeemer , has wasted anytime at all ?

Even if I was wrong about there being a God, which I know I am not, how would choosing to live a life where you forgive those who do you wrong, and pray for them, possibly wreck my life? How could having the serenity ,and peace of mind that God knows every little detail of your life, and knows what you have wrongly been accused of , and is there to offer you consolation and help you offer up any sufferings united to His sufferings for the conversion of sinners, be bad for me?

How could believing deeply that any wrongs I have done, can be totally forgiven if I sincerely repent, confess them, and try to make amends for them , totally wreck my life ?

I wasted many years chasing the things of the world even_horizon. They left me feeling empty and unsatisfied.

I feel like I have found my true best friend, one that is showing the beauty in the simple things of nature , and music , and a sincere and compassionate love that reaches much deeper than human love ever could.

Let me ask you this event_horizon. How has denying the existence of God enriched your life ? You seem like someone who is very sad ,angry and bitter , and not enjoying life much at all. :(
OraProNobis

Postby event_horizon » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:42 pm

It flew over your head like a fighter jet breaking the sound barrier.

I didn't say it's "wrecking" your life. Simply put -- you're living a lie. To me it's a wasted life. You don't need to read into it any more than that.

OraProNobis wrote:How have I lost time on earth? please.. let me know how believing in a loving , just, Creator and Redeemer , has wasted anytime at all ?

Again..."loving and just creators" don't advocate slavery, bashing children's heads against rocks, and murdering millions of innocent people, including babies, in a flood. Not only that, but just go to this link and read about all the murder your evil "God" wants humans to commit against their fellow man:

http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

You call this being "loving and just?" What's wrong with you?

OraProNobis wrote:Even if I was wrong about there being a God, which I know I am not

You're certainly wrong about there being a "Biblical God."

OraProNobis wrote:Let me ask you this event_horizon. How has denying the existence of God enriched your life ?

Denying the "Biblical God" certainly has. I don't have to worry about me or my friends and family suffering in "Hell" for all of eternity. Anybody that would WANT something like that to be true is sick in the head.

OraProNobis wrote:You seem like someone who is very sad ,angry and bitter , and not enjoying life much at all.

I don't know where you people get these impressions from. I haven't said a word about my personal life in here, yet Christians have this stereotype towards atheists that they must be "sad, angry and bitter." I guess you think that way because we aren't living in an ignorant fantasyland bliss like you all are. It's nothing more than a crutch to help you get through and cope with life.

I don't need a crutch. Other than the usual annoying daily grind of making ends meet, I'm quite happy with my life and enjoying it very much thank you. It doesn't take much to make me happy -- as long as there are no stupid a**holes in my life, I'm fine.

The only thing I'm angry and bitter towards is the religious war that's going to destroy most if not all of us.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:11 pm

The only thing I'm angry and bitter towards is the religious war that's going to destroy most if not all of us.

You mean the imaginary religous war?
greeney2

Postby event_horizon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:23 am

Only on Greeny Planet.
event_horizon

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:22 am

greeney2 wrote:You mean the imaginary religous war?

The religious war is very real. But little do the militant atheists know, they are fighting a losing battle.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby humphreys » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:42 am

frrostedman wrote:

The religious war is very real. But little do the militant atheists know, they are fighting a losing battle.

Oh snap, it is ON :evil:
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby frrostedman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:49 am

humphreys wrote:
frrostedman wrote:

Oh snap, it is ON :evil:

KARATE CHOP!
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts