The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

The Myth of Militant Atheism

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:04 am

OraProNobis wrote:Only problem is that you have much more to lose Humphreys, if you refuse to acknowledge the mercy of Jesus, than Christians have to lose, if there is indeed no God.

On the contrary, you're basing your entire life on a lie.

Living your life according to ancient man, chained to a book, is a wasted life.

Your time on Earth is lost -- that's what you lose.

You are the ones losing everything; we lose nothing.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:14 am

humphreys wrote:
OraProNobis wrote:It will look like you atheists are winning, during the period of the great tribulation, but believers and unbelievers should not be fooled, because the Holy Spirit will triumph in the end. Just as it was prophesied that Jesus would come to earth to die for our sins, so it is prophesied of the events to unfold , in the end the Holy Spirit winning the battle.

Only problem is that you have much more to lose Humphreys, if you refuse to acknowledge the mercy of Jesus, than Christians have to lose, if there is indeed no God.

Why do you continue with this?

Are you a sadist?

Do you think that an approach that failed before is now going to work? That a man unconvinced by your bald assertions is suddenly going to do a 180?

It's like my coming round your house every day and simply asserting that "God isn't real" and then leaving. It's a waste of both of our time.

Yet you and EH keep coming back for more, like a little yapping dog at your heels, bitting on your pants! You thirve on this, playing mind games with kindness, to give you both a thrill. Its part of the militant part you deny. :think: Miserable human beings actually!
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:26 am

greeney2 wrote:Miserable human beings actually!

I take that as a compliment coming from human waste like yourself ;)

I think you should be voted mod of the year, you're so damn good at promoting peace and civility on the forums. John must be so proud doing his forum such a service.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:40 am

Just a reflection of you own sincerity in what you call debating, since you have no intention of ever seeing or admitting to anyones reasons for believing, that are valid to them. It is not enough for you to accept others beliefs, your mission is to strip others of Faith, so "miserable human beings" is not too far off. Misery loves company, so it fits you well. I know I got under your skin again with the comments about my son. I would love to be a fly on the wall when you hear "Like Father, like Son" or "Consider the sourse" with your wonderful philosophy, backfires on you.
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:42 am

Greeney2, I noticed that there is a friends list on my profile, can you ask John if there is any way to add a person to a dumbf*ck arsehole list please.
"All of our behavior can be traced to biological events about which we have no conscious knowledge: this has always suggested that free will is an illusion."

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:43 am

Oh, and obviously can he put you in there.

Thanks.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:44 am

My My, I struck a nerve!
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:48 am

It's no secret that you've been getting on everyone's nerves since you joined, it's nothing to be proud of.

Stupidity mixed with arrogance and childishness is annoying, yes, mod boy.

If you poke at me enough I might insult you sufficiently that you can justify getting your son to PM me, again, asking me to stop.

- Sam Harris
humphreys

Postby greeney2 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:01 pm

What is your crowning glory, as a debater since I get on everyones nerves, insulting everone who believes in God? No boundries of decency, seems to be your thing, and seems to be getting on a few nerves all by yourself.
greeney2

Postby humphreys » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:17 pm

:hand:

- Sam Harris
humphreys

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts