The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

A Dear John Letter

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby frrostedman » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Hi John!!!! And again, congratulations on getting married! She's a lucky gal, and I'm sure you are equally lucky. Well done.

Ok, on to my issue.

Every single day, when I come to the bv message forums, I realize that my login is no longer active. Not only that but there is a trick to getting my login to work in the first place. If I go straight to the forum--and by the way, this is with the main dashboard saying I am logged in, I am shown as a guest, and I can login a hundred times but it won't stick, I'm a guest permanently. The only way to fix it is to go to the main dashboard, logout, then log back in (and make sure to check 'remember me') and only THEN will the forum recognize me. But sure enough, the next day, it happens all over again.

It seems like there is a major disconnect between the dashboard and the forum area. Is there something I am doing wrong? What I would like is some advice on how to log in permanently. I know it's not a cookies issue on my end because I belong to many other websites who recognize me every day, without interruption.

Also there is that old issue I raised about certain users being allowed a 90x90 avatar while the rest of us are limited to 64x64. Perhaps a change took place after the ones with the 90x90 had their avatar established.

Thanks in advance John! GREAT website and the forum has so many options, I haven't even tapped into half of them. I love that we now also have the option to post Google video links. It's great here!

Yours Always,
Brother Tom
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby blackvault » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:09 am

Hi Tom,

I hope we can work this out for you. First, is anyone else having this problem?

Let me ask, what browser and version are you using? Have you tried a different browser and does the same thing happen?

I will research to see if my site is having any type of disconnect issue between the cookies and the site, but nothing really has changed, so you shouldn't be seeing the problem.

I'll keep working on it though... and just let me know how you're accessing the site.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
The Black Vault Website Owner / Operator
http://www.theblackvault.com
blackvault

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:49 pm

I happens to me as well, using IE9 as well as Firefox 10. I also made a thread about a similar issue I have in the support forums.

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:45 pm

John, Tom, Riker..

I've never had any op issues here at the BV, but I'm sure the last update, that rapid fire one where all of the old posts were jettisoned into cyber oblivion may have tweaked a few users into oblivion as well, I mentioned something in that regard a while back. Anyway the most likely cause is a setting issues with a users particular browser, although the more sophisticated the software the more easily it is to exploit. Despite intentions it's my opinion that that is the single most prominent issues some had with that sudden change in format.

Yes I believe it's a great improvement, the site is very neat and very very clean. Why someone would have any issues in regard to connectivity and recog must be a browser related issue.

I suggest that Tom check his settings and adjust accordingly, then check any add-ons that may be conflicting with the BV Software platform.

Tom... tools/options and then a manual setting option may be your best bet, at a minimum it should diagnose the actual connect issues.

Best,

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:20 pm

I had the problem on my old PC and now that I've got my gaming rig running a fresh O/S as well as fresh browsers it has cropped up again. The only add-ons or plug-ins I've installed are those required to view the board. I'll fiddle around a bit as suggested and see if I can figure it out.

Postby blackvault » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Ok... so I just installed a minor software upgrade (mostly background) to the board. I don't know if possibly the cookies were affected, so, from the time of this posting... are you still having the issue? (Trying to see if this maintenance upgrade may have possibly fixed it for you.

I am still not convinced it is the board, but rather, the PC itself.

I am installing Firefox 10 (I can't run IE 9... don't have Windows 7 to test)...

I will update.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:46 pm

Firefox 10.0.2... login from front page of TheBlackVault.com, entered the board (no need to login -- cookie successful) posted successfully...
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Firefox 10.0.2... logged in via message forum homepage. Stayed logged in... posted successfully.
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby blackvault » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:58 pm

Ok... so I completed the test. Works...

Let me know after my upgrade, if it starts to work for you.

Sorry for the trouble... but I'm here to try and figure it out :)
-----
John Greenewald, Jr.
blackvault

Postby frrostedman » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:54 pm

The true test would be to login and then wait at least 24 hours. Then go straight to the forum without doing any logging in or anything. If it works, then you will not be seen as a guest.

I can't say whether your fix worked for me (I have IE9 just like rykuss) because tonight, just to avoid the issue straight away, I went straight to the dashboard, logged out, and logged in. That always fixes my problem until the next day. I've always been able to leave and come back and stay logged in. That is until the next day.. it's a time thing, or a date thing. The cookie somehow expires or something.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts