The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Health & Health Hazards

Got a question...possible tooth infection?

Stay healthy and stay tuned to the most recent developments in Health watch.

Postby greeney2 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:02 pm

When I retired I lost the Delta Dental coverage and eye exam coverage, which were really not that great anyway. The dental I could have paid to continue, but it costs about $90 month for both of us, or almost $1100 per year, but in only covers $2000 annually at 50%. We gave it up, as when working it was very cheap. We do go for regular cleaning, 2 times a year, paying out of pocket for that is about $400 total for both of us twice a year. For the little coverage you get, its not worth paying for dental insurance, it just isn't cost effective.

As for eye exams, paying for it outright was about $45, but I was better off buying from a Lenscrafters or discount glasses place, becasue the mark up on buying from the plan providers was a joke. Any medical issue with the eyes, ends up being covered by our medical insurance, so the vision care plans really are not worth buying.

Bottom line is you are probably better off without either coverage. As often as a root canal or crown work is needed, the premiums you would waste in years you only need routine cleaning, is $700 a year down the drain.
greeney2

Previous

Return to Health & Health Hazards

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts