The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

550 Sexual Abuse Claims Filed Against Milwaukee Archdiocese

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby event_horizon » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:25 pm

Disgusting:

"The other seven Catholic dioceses in the U.S. that have filed for bankruptcy since the clergy abuse scandal erupted in 2002 in Boston are in Davenport, Iowa; Fairbanks, Alaska; Portland, Ore.; San Diego; Spokane, Wash.; Tucson, Ariz.; and Wilmington, Del. Two other religious orders have also filed for bankruptcy.

Of the seven other dioceses that also filed for bankruptcy, the number of claims ranged from about 40 to 250, Stang said. About 535 claimants had come forward against the Oregon Province of the Jesuits, he said."

Read the rest here:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46236534/ns ... nd_courts/

Makes you wonder just how much of this is really going on, not only in America, but the rest of the world. The numbers are staggering, to say the least. Quite disturbing.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby greeney2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:05 am

Of the 550 how many do you think are phoney, and jumping on the lawsuit for the money?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:21 am

I think the lesson here is this.

If a man wearing a robe approaches you and gives you the elevator eyes.... run in the opposite direction.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby at1with0 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:16 am

Hmm, hidden agenda anyone?
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby greeney2 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:22 am

Its not just the robe ffrosty. Sexual abuse in the Catholic church according to the insurers of liability, have just as many claims in the Protestant religions, and also from Rabbis. Sexual religion abuse is not limited nor any higher in the Catholic Church, it is just in the news far more than other groups. No other group has the public eye as the Catholics, or has outraged the public as much. but even the Boy Scouts were just covered for over $18.5 million in claims for sexual abuse, In Utah a Morman State. along with the never ending teacher sexual abuse claims. Many positions of trust are violated to our kids by everything from teachers, scout leaders, to the clergy.

I firmly believe that for every one real case and actual prosocution of the perpetrator, lawfirms who specialize in these things have a high ratio of those who claim these things, and are not even true at all. I found an artical about false claims, if I find it again will copy it. They went on to say those false claimants many were prior victims of some sexual abuse for real, and had some phycological or imagined ideas of these others as actually abusing them.

The world seems convined every priest is a pedifile and hate the Catholic Church for it. I have never seen anything like this as a kid growing up, and there are millions of priests worldwide, plus millions of others in places of trust, that at not pedifiles. Do we hate all teachers now, or all scout leaders? Maybe the Pope did the wrong thing, but I can think of other things in this world that were the wrong thing. Ford Motor company forinstance years ago, knew about the Pinto gas tanks, and did nothing about them. they deducted paying out the claims, after dragging people to court one at a time for a product liability suit would be easier than fixing a million cars. They knew many people were going to burn to death in horrible gruesome deaths and be burned beyond regognition. Dozens died due to their actions. Nobody cared, and bought and revered Lee Iacoco selling millions of mustangs, and God knows how many Ford pickups. Nobody went to jail, but they should have.

Don't get me wrong, I have no sympathy for these pedifiles, they should all be shot at dawn, but along with all these civil suits, where were these people when it came to criminal trials against the accused?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 pm

greeney2 wrote:Its not just the robe ffrosty. Sexual abuse in the Catholic church according to the insurers of liability, have just as many claims in the Protestant religions, and also from Rabbis.

I was just being a wise-ass, and was actually trying to conjure up an image like this:

Men in robes... it's just creepy. Sorry.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:37 am

That was an atheist clergyman! :lol:
greeney2

Postby bionic » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:47 am

preditorial perverts are everywhere, sadly
“Whether you sniff it smoke it eat it or shove it up your ass the result is the same: addiction.”
― William S. Burroughs
(love&forgive yourself..and everyone else)
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:35 am

If you guys get the news about the mirimonte elementry school in Los Angeles this week, this guy makes all the others look good. This guy is one crime I would give the death penalty for regardless of not taking a life.
greeney2

Postby at1with0 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:32 pm

I don't believe in the death penalty. :whistle:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Next

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts