The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

prayer ...

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:44 am

at1with0 wrote:
greeney2 wrote:All you have to do is let God in.

How are you supposed to do that when letting God all the way in drives you insane?

yeah..well..you and I know that if you let 'God' all the way in..he/she/it WILL: say "hello".."see..how I am speaking to you..through everyone and everything..regardless of time and space..thanks for acknowledging me, fyi..and oh..enjoy that"
:shock:
you're like 'Oh god..I think God is talking to me and NOT in subtle ways..and..um..it's not just God..pikcign up so many thoughts..ack"
Last edited by bionic on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:55 am

I am originally from Georgia.

I moved to Indiana to marry a woman I met that lives there. I quit my job to do that. Then after a couple years in Indiana, my Georgia employer asked me to transfer back to Georgia (I called them because my wife said she'd like to move to Georgia). That didn't work out, because after just 3 months, she wanted to move back to Indiana (pathetic). So I went back to Indiana and worked from home until about 4 and a half years ago when she and I divorced and I transferred here to Texas. I love Texas. And I love my current and final lovely wife, whom I met here.

what a cool story..I lived in Georgia for three years..met my h there..near Savannah..LOVED it there..didn't really want to leave..but H got out of army and we moved up to New york sate where is was from..my younger sister and her family still live there..she is British by birth but looks, sounds and acts..like a 'good ol 'girrl'..it's so funny ..she has a strong southern drawl..my little sister

anyway..prayer..I have gotten on my knees and prayed before..i have sobbed and prayed before..I am like, "I am praying to god, the universe, merciful energies, my highest self..our collective unconscious,,whatever..."
I also say thankful prayers..as a girl, I would talk to God in my head.. on and off throughout the day..like an invisible friend..I still actually do..talk to someoen..something..anyway (and I feel it's presence..amongst..others)
8-)
Last edited by bionic on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:57 am

ricardo wrote:
at1with0 wrote:Smoke signals, eH?

:P

let him be w/ out putting him in a categorical box if no harm. ?

there is the potential for great harm.

smoke signals for some I believe is over rated, if it doesn't 'produce results'

can you qualify that at1w/0 ? tip -you don't have to be an Christian or

nonbeliever , (atheist) to answer. open question.

the power of intent and also you don't know what energies you might be calling out to..attracting and manipulating, stirring up, etc..maybe??
Last edited by bionic on Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:59 am

Island_Girl wrote:Some people may enjoy or feel self righteous by sitting in church
or on their knees in prayer. If that works for them then it is good.
We are all in different stages of developement. Then again there may be
people like myself that get "ants in their pants" sitting in church or prayer
groups. When someone asks me to prayer for them, I will. My mind likes to
create, I get bored with reciting the same words over and over so I engage my mind
with my own version of positive vibration in the direction of the group or person
in need of prayer. I get a hunk of clay and form something interesting. Sometimes
a poem or a musical creation in behalf of the one in need or a dance , etc. So this
is what can work for people that want the best for humanity but feel uncomfortable
having to follow the "rules" of religion or social organizaions. I'm not meaning to
be argumentative, just posting my thoughts. :)

I love and agree with your thoughts..I see God more in art and nature, graceful human intereactions, big and small.. than I do religion, I think
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:01 am

at1with0 wrote:
greeney2 wrote:What has been the universal argument here for a year or more? The concept that God does not exist, but the IG site, and individual posting that when its something bad to blame, the premise is God exists for the purpose of showing only bad. God doesn't exist, but if God does, blame all the bad things on God. HOw many times have I said that to you and EH?

How do you not blame God for permitting all sorts of suffering, even suffering beyond one's control (ie, a better decision to not suffer is impossible).

A sin of omission, I think it's called.

We live in a world of illusion , right?
So all that stuff is also an illusion
read "A Course in Miracles"
I think you will enjoy it..
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:08 am

I think we are going to find that infinty is actually some kind of looping thing..think chaos theory here..
you have a something..you keep copying it..each copy gets more and more distorted..it completely distorts..and then copy, after copy, after copy..somehow it works it's way back to being clear again..it mixes, and mixes, and mixes, until..it is back to it's origonal form..a giant loop..I believe existence is going to turn out to be like that..so infinity will trun out to exist in concept only..just like nothingness is only a concept, really
nothing and everything..will trun out to exist in concept form only
existence happens between the two
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:14 am

ricardo wrote:agreed . DRS. egos... yo saying its possible for the human mind.
and here you mean spirit can surpass physical probabilities when contemplating
temporal possibilities ( spatial) ?

I'm back. before I forget I actually im quite pleased to hear someone discuss anything concerning the injustice suffered on the Jews during the traumatic events w/out argument that took place during world war two. under the nazi party and German war machine. I have knowledge from survivers and participants during that era ( on the winning side/righteous ) whom leave me
w/ no doubt the holocaust was an real event. why -in the interest of knowledge
is this subject of numbers and topic illegal in several countries.? -rhetorical
and understood to be painful. but should not be used for political gain over another race or political belief as justification for human rights abuse.
iran questions this because of the abuse it has suffered at the various wars
imposed on its homeland. Palestinians too. they are being absorbed and displaced. like native Americans.

people that deny the holocaust are morons..it's like denying that slavery existed..or that the N.A.'s of the Americas got completely screwed..or that what the tirbes in Sfrica are doign to each other is gencide..or that Serbia.didn;t happen..or..like you pointed out..that the palestiens should have no rights.

You can't blaim Isreal for it's hard stance..it lives amongst serious enemies..I mean, look what we have done since 9/11? But the Palestians are caught in the middle..and Isreal should know better because it is made up of people who had to go through similar crap

it's..well..it's a cluster fook, ain't it just?

There's a prayer.
I pray that in my lifetime that stuff gets worked out in the best possible way, for all.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 am

:wave:
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:34 pm

frrostedman wrote:"Always existed" is a relative term by the way. "Always" can mean since the beginning of "time," meaning the beginning of reality as we know it, or, it can mean literally always which predates the creation of anything and makes no sense whatsoever. I just tried for an instant just to grasp the concept of something always being, never having not been, and never having been created and it made my stomach hurt a little. Weird. Now, I know that the bible says God always existed, but I personally prefer to take that in the former context of the 2 I stated above. I am not speaking from authority here. I am offering opinion only.

Man...you're just now giving that concept some thought? I thought about this problem when I was a teenager. No matter. But what you need to realize is that you're entering the realm of "blasphemy". I don't think the "Biblical God" would appreciate you saying that "He" may not have always existed. Remember, "He" said "was and always will be"...."was" obviously means that "He" existed before creation. The Bible also mentions that "God" is "eternal" (definition) -- Being without beginning or end; existing outside of time. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/eternal

I'm not trying to frighten you or anything :lol: ...it's just that I think you may finally be catching on to the ridiculousness of it. All it takes is to realize one flaw to open your eyes to the rest of them. Good job! :thumbup:
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby event_horizon » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:39 pm

frrostedman wrote:
at1with0 wrote:
event_horizon wrote:"inarguable fact"... :lol: :crazy:

If that's the best he can do, it does seem pretty inarguable. Except that it might be an even simpler explanation that the universe wasn't created at all.

The fact that the universe exists means it was created. It's what did the creating that is the crux of the matter, and an outside force is the simplest explanation. Forget who created the Creator and on and on beyond infinity. That's not the question that is of concern and debate, and that's not one that can be answered definitively by anyone or any text.

1. The universe exists.
2. Logic dictates... demands... that therefore the universe was created.
3. The simplest explanation for how the universe or anything else gets created, is by an outside force.
4. All other theories, though they may have plenty of merit, still unnecessarily convolute and complicate.
5. If you can't eliminate the simplest explanation, why insist that something else must be true? It's not logical.

Once you credit the "outside force" with having intelligence, you can throw this whole post out the window.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts