The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

What Ya'll Watchin'

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby at1with0 » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:34 am

Homeland is an awesome show!
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby rath » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:19 am

at1with0 wrote:Homeland is an awesome show!

Homeland ..... More U.S lies & Propaganda.

post115046.html#p115046
rath

Postby at1with0 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:43 am

rath wrote:

post115046.html#p115046

I agree.

The documentary known as Homeland is a propaganda piece to spread american lies across the world.

Let me ask you a question that you'd only know the answer to if you have watched the show (though I know you could cheat and look it up):

Do the americans ever get Abu-Nazir?

Where did Brody's car bomb explode? (In front of which building?)

If you haven't watched the show, shame on you for assuming.
at1with0

Postby rath » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:01 am

at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:

post115046.html#p115046

I agree.

The documentary known as Homeland is a propaganda piece to spread american lies across the world.

Let me ask you a question that you'd only know the answer to if you have watched the show (though I know you could cheat and look it up):

Do the americans ever get Abu-Nazir?

Where did Brody's car bomb explode? (In front of which building?)

If you haven't watched the show, shame on you for assuming.

I agree your question is a stupid one .... but that's what we have come to expect from you at1with0.

Iv either watch the show on Australian television, or i can find the answers online.

Either way by answering the questions it will not tell you which one i did.

Thus proving your nothing more then a childish troll looking for some attention.
rath

Postby at1with0 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:55 am

rath wrote:I agree your question is a stupid one .... but that's what we have come to expect from you at1with0.

Iv either watch the show on Australian television, or i can find the answers online.

Thus proving your nothing more then a childish troll looking for some attention.

It's ok rath, I know basic logic is beyond you so I will hold your hand through the process. It won't be painful... much.

Since you haven't watched the show, you cannot make a legitimate case for it being propaganda.

There, that wasn't so bad, now was it?? ;)
at1with0

Postby bionic » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:57 pm

recently saw Les Miserables..oh my gawd..sooo good..reminded me of the Occupy movement and all the rsistence that went on overseas in the last year or so..similar energy.
It's so sad though..throughout..it's title is appropriate
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:10 am

Sounds like a downer. :P
at1with0

Postby rath » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:42 am

at1with0 wrote:
rath wrote:I agree your question is a stupid one .... but that's what we have come to expect from you at1with0.

It's ok rath, I know basic logic is beyond you so I will hold your hand through the process. It won't be painful... much.

Since you haven't watched the show, you cannot make a legitimate case for it being propaganda.

There, that wasn't so bad, now was it?? ;)

I never said it was a good show. ( it's all U.S propaganda & is not very believable. )

http://ten.com.au/tvshows/homeland-s2-ep-1-gallery.htm

Homeland bombs

October 15, 2012

THE episode was called The Smile but no one at Channel Ten will be smiling today.

The network's decision to fast track the second season of Homeland has backfired.

The season 2 premiere of the award-winning thriller bombed after going head-to-head with the Nine's House Husbands and the ABC telemovie Jack Irish last night.

The show, which stars Claire Danes as bipolar CIA agent trying to uncover a terrorist plot against the US, finished fourth in its timeslot and 14th overall, after managing to attract only 633,000 viewers.

More than a million viewers tuned in to House Husbands (1.040 million), which was the fifth most-watched show, while Jack Irish, starring Guy Pearce, was sixth with an audience of 950,000.

Seven's Sunday Night won the evening with 1.354 million viewers followed by Nine's 60 Minutes (1.341 million).

Homeland's poor showing will be a huge blow to Ten, which has endured a number of ratings duds, including The Shire, Everybody Dance Now and I Will Survive, is struggling in the ratings.

Ten had made much of its fast-tracking of the show - it aired just 12 days after debuting in the US - and has hanged much of its revival on its ability to get US shows on the network as fast as possible.

So where did it go wrong?

The first season of Homeland made a strong showing when it premiered on Ten in January, attracting 1.223 million viewers and although subsequent episodes slid in the ratings, the show was highly praised by the critics.

Added to that, the show recently picked up four Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Lead Actress (Danes), and Outstanding Lead Actor (Damian Lewis).

It's also Barack Obama's favourite show.

Ten said part of its decision to fast-track Homeland was to stop Australian audiences downloading the show illegally, but the bigger reason was that it needed an easy hit in its schedule.

Yes, for some fans, 12 days isn't fast enough, but it's unlikely that half of Homeland's initial audience of 1.2 million went to BitTorrent immediately after The Smile aired in the US; illegal downloading, although a growing problem for networks, is not a majority activity.

According to a recent study of Australian downloading habits, 63 per cent said they "didn't download torrents or watch unlicensed or region-blocked streaming content". And 78 per cent of those who said they their main reason for illegal downloading was lack of cost.

The most pirated TV show so far this year, Game of Thrones, was downloaded only 300,000 times in Australia, which to be fair is a big number. But even if that many Australians downloaded The Smile, that number still wouldn't explain the shortfall.

Another possible reason is that fans recorded the show to watch later in the week without the adverts, but that again wouldn't account for the massive drop.

What's more likely is that Ten overestimated the show's appeal. Homeland is aired on a premium subscription channel in the US. At its peak it still only managed to attract an audience of less than 3 million in the US. It is still viewed as a niche show, one more loved by the critics than mainstream audiences, which tend to go shows like of Bones, Modern Family and Big Brother, which all outdid Homeland last night.

What's worrying for fans of Homeland is what Ten will do next. Will it stick with a ratings dud or will it shove it around the schedule? It's too high profile to dump immediately but if it continues to underperform, viewetrs can expect lengthy delays and odd time slots, all of which will make of mockery of fast-tracking.

More worrying for Ten is that it has plans to fast-track 12 other shows from the US and UK, including The Good Wife, NCIS and New Girl, The New Normal, Ben and Kate, Vegas and Jamie’s 15 Minute Meals.

A spokesman for the network said last month that the move was a response to viewers: "The aim is to meet the expectation of viewers, who these days want to see most new shows as soon as possible after they’ve launched overseas. People are increasingly not prepared to wait until February."

That strategy looks very shaky now.
rath

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 am

Nice cut and paste job. Do you have any thoughts on the matter (given that you have not watched the show)?
at1with0

Postby rath » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:43 am

at1with0 wrote:Nice cut and paste job. Do you have any thoughts on the matter (given that you have not watched the show)?

Do i have any thoughts on the show ... yhe it blows.
rath

PreviousNext

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts