The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Feeling Down?: Remember this

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 am

adamwarlock2099 wrote:That's a nice post. I have been hard on myself and down on myself lately, due to my secular work and financial situation. In the last six months I have been unemployed and underemployed. I have had to take my wife from being at home and she's had to work too. I've always been able to provide for my family on my own up until now and I really find that a fault of my own. A shortcoming, something that I am inefficient at.

I will try to think better of myself, but I can't promise anything. As long as finances and insufficient pay on my part obligate my wife to work, I am going to have a hard time feeling worthy.

I know what you mean, Adam. My wife is also having to work. We could make it ok if she didn't but she prefers a better lifestyle and that's not one I can provide until I am through paying down a pile of debt I built up over my last 2 marriages (both divorces resulted in ME shouldering all the debt that the both of us created). I still have another year of hell to go and then my wife can quit .... if she wants. I'm lucky in that she enjoys working.

We have no kids, which eases the stress a little for us. I do not envy your position but I feel for you.

I tell you this. If you need something, just let me know and I'll do everything I can to help out. I'm not just saying that.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:24 am

The end of February will be a year unemployed for me so I know how it feels, Adam. All I can do is keep my application current with everyone I've applied with and when I learn about another company hiring, I fill out an app with them as well. If things go well, my wife's company will give her a new position when they restructure. If things go badly, her company won't give her a new position and we'll both be unemployed.

Previous

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts