The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Nancy Pelosi Wants to Quit Congress, Says Daughter

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby SWRanger » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:46 pm

Alexandra Pelosi, daughter of House Minority Leader and former Speaker Nancy Pelosi, says her mother is is "done" with politics and considers her tenure in the House "an obligation" to donors.

During a telephone interview with the website Big Government, Alexandra Pelosi said:

"She would retire right now, if the donors she has didn’t want her to stay so badly. They know she wants to leave, though. They think she’s destined for the wilderness. She has very few days left. She’s 71, she wants to have a life, she’s done. It’s obligation, that’s all I’m saying."

Nancy Pelosi has had a rocky relationship with Republicans since they took control of the House in 2010, and she doggedly pushed to serve as Minority Leader. A number of Democrats -- including the president -- are campaigning with the idea that she will become speaker again if they can reclaim the House in 2012.

Alexandra Pelosi, 41, is a television producer and documentarian. She won Emmy Awards for her work on 2002's Journeys with George, an HBO documentary on George W. Bush’s 2000 presidential campaign.

Nancy Pelosi’s departure could boost her deputy, Rep. Steny Hoyer (D-Md.), the current Minority Whip, who is considered more moderate than Pelosi.

NEWSLINK
SWRanger

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:46 pm

As far as I'm concerned, who cares if she leaves. I said it many times, Polosi overstepped her Authority in undermining the President when she traveled to the Middle East, speaking to leaders in matters the Constitution clearly defines as Exectutive Branch of Government, specifically the Presidents. It was a much, if not a worse breach than Alexander Haugh, declaring he was in charge in the White House, the day Reagan was shot, and he was formally repremanded for it by Congress. That was Polosi with Bush, and she also blundered IMHO when Obama became President, that she treated Obama as if, now "one of us, a partner in Congress", is in the White House. I do not think Polosi had the grasp, Obama was no longer a Senator and in the Legislative Branch of Government anymore, he was now the Chief Exectutive Branch. Their working relationship was no longer Senator to Congressman in that branch of Government. Obama was now clearly on to another Branch, clearly defined by the Constitution.

Polosi also was among those who locked Republicans out of meeting, and now she has the nerve to complain after being dethroned after the last elections. It was more fun when she was the top dog, now that she is just another Congressman, she wants to quit and go home. It was just 2 days ago the News reported her stay in Hawaii included staying in a resort with $10,000 per night rooms. She is quite wealthy, we all know, but how can she be in touch with the common folks, with such extravagance?
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:06 pm

She's a dishonest, pandering, mentally ill, fake-crying, evil scourge and I want her outta there. She and Harry Reid should join hands, consider all the waste they've laid a "job well done," and skip off together into the sunset. BYE. :evil:
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:57 pm

She's 71?
wow..I did not know that
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts