The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Merry Christmas

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby frrostedman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Merry Christmas everyone.

I got the Dave's Gourmet ghost chili hot sauce I wanted, and a watch I can dress up yet wear everyday. I guess I tricked Santa into thinking I was a good boy?

Image Image
Last edited by frrostedman on Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby Wing-Zero » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:52 pm

Dude, how is it? Besides hot, obviously. Is it just that searing burn, or is there some actual flavor to it when all is said and done?
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:59 pm

Changed my message all around so I could post a (hard to find) pic of the watch.

Amazingly, the hot sauce has some good flavor to it. I wouldn't put more than half a teaspon on any entree. Tonight I put a teaspoon in a bowl of charro beans and it was almost too hot to eat. But I love it. As opposed to Dave's Gourmet Insanity sauce, which I think is slightly hotter, yet it overrides the flavor of the food which kinda sucks.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:06 am

I'm definitely taking a trip, hopefully in 2012, with my wife down I-35 to San Antonio, and get my name on the "Wall of Fame" at Chunky's Burgers and More.

They have a "Four Horsemen" burger that is topped with several grilled Ghost Chili peppers, along with habeneros, serranos, and jalapenos. Last I saw, only 3 people had their name on that wall. I will be on it ... I have no doubt in my mind I can down that burger.

You get served the burger by a waiter wearing gloves, which you also must wear to keep the peppers from getting on your fingers which is dangerous. You also have to sign an insurance waiver.

I was inspired to do this, when I saw a segment on it in the show "Man vs. Food."

frrostedman

Postby Wing-Zero » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:40 am

Man V. Food is an awesome show. They had an episode with a sushi place that made ten spicy tuna hand rolls with varying degrees of chili sauce used. Hottest one was the Bhuta Jolokia (Ghost Pepper) if I remember. I'd totally take that challenge on.

I learned recently that the Ghost Pepper isn't the hottest pepper anymore. The Trinidad Scorpion Butch T strain was named the hottest pepper by Guinness in June, from what my friend told me. Haven't looked into it too much, but I'm just waiting for a sauce to be made out of it.
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:04 am

In the vid, it looks like you are allowed to drink all the water or whatever you want. Just not milk.

It's been my experience that the best drink to cool down the burn is ice cold beer. I wonder if that's allowed. Interesting twist in the competition, you have to eat the burger, then sit there for a 5 minute "after burn" before you can drink milk.
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 1:17 am

I remember those episodes. Carefull Frrostedman I know its way beyond my capability. Can't wait to hear how you did when you try. I thought some of the heat challanges could almost be life threatening. I saw one where a guy downed 2 glasses of tobasco sause, followed by wasbi sause. Just chugged them right down. I have often thought about the 72 ounce steak in Amarillo, Texas. You start seeing billboards for it on route 66 as we were traveling east to visit my grandmother. Never stoped to try it. That episode with the Sushi was in a place not far from me in Van Nuys, Wing.

One of our presents to John was an assortment of 6 different tobasco hot sauses, but I don;t think any of them had ghost chilis. I think Habanero was one of them. John told me the heat is something like Habanero is 10 times hotter than Jalapeno, but Ghost is like 100 times. I don't know much about them but they have a heatness scale, and the number for the Ghost chile is off the map.

Glad Santa was good to you! :lol: I predict you will be making chile very soon. :lol:
greeney2

Postby frrostedman » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:37 am

Feliz Navidad y Feliz año nuevo, Greeney!

If you watch that video linked above, just 30 seconds into it they show the Scoville units scale, comparing jalapenos to serranos to habeneros to ghost chilis. You'll be amazed at what you see.

A good hot serrano pepper is incredibly hot -- though most store bought ones don't have a lot of heat for some reason -- especially the ones from Walmart. Ghost chilis are off the richter. They even look scary.

1 Tagamet wasn't enough tonight. Had to take 2. :wtf:
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Tue Dec 27, 2011 4:14 am

Sounds like you had a great one, Frosty..
you and wife..take that trip..DO IT..don't just talk about it..you will both love it and get hooked on road trips..for sure.
Take pics!!!
Everywhere on this planet there are fun and beautiful places..you just have to seek them out ..and GO to them!!!
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:14 am

Didn't realize it was a video, just thought it was a picture so watched it. I remember the episode for sure we watched that one. Could think of the numbers or the name of the heat units, but I knew it was huge difference. Beeee careful trying it, I'm waiting to hear about this one.

Aside from being know for that really hot burger, is that place a landmark burger place for their other burgers?
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts