The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

A Christmas Wish or two or three

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:45 am

Christmas Eve morning! This year is a special year for me. I wish you all a Merry Christmas, even and especially to my debating adversaries.(yes Cole you are not the only one) :lol: I wish you all a great Christmas, and Holiday week, with family and friends.

We will turn the corner into 2012, and I pray things start getting better. My Christmas wish for the country is for things to turn around in our economy, get people back to work, stop reversing our educational systems further, and start working togather in Congress to accomplish it.

This year gave me a little health scare, so this Christmas has special blessings for G2, and has me recovering a little from Surgury, I had 9 days ago. All is well, nothing serious, taking is a little slow right now. I have orders, no garage stuff for a few days, maybe she said weeks :lol: (that one is from Mrs G2, not the Doc) ;) . I was blessed with good Doctors, who were all amazing. Happy to say, my surgeon yanked all the staples and released me, so I'm all fixed now. No lifting for a while.

So for me I alrady have my Christmas present, and its all I need. The joy of seeing Mrs G2, the kids, our grandchild, extended families, with a clean bill of health on Christmas.

Merry Christmas Everyone! :D :D :D
greeney2

Postby thunder » Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:42 pm

sounds a lilmore serious then your telling us G2 !in verry glad you got you christmass wish. and as i posted on the other one may you have MANY more. hope you and john nd family have a great christmass tomorrow!!
thunder

Postby bionic » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:30 pm

Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 9:38 am

youtube tags anyone?

Merry Christmas!
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby BloodStone » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:00 am

God speed to u Greeney ! and Merry Christmas !

BloodStone...
If it were raining hookers, I'd get hit by a fag.
BloodStone

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:25 am

My Christmas wish? I wish people would stop with the 'war on Christmas' propaganda. It's old, it's repetitive and it just wears them down. Maybe extend some of that peace on earth, goodwill towards men to everyone no matter what holiday they observe.

Postby capricorn » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:43 pm

Merry Christmas Greeney. Good to hear that your important wish was fulfilled :)
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby greeney2 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:32 pm

Thanks everyone. Capricorn how much snow have you gotten in the old home town?
greeney2

Postby capricorn » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:27 pm

you know, i was actually considering opening a thread about the very subject. I am not kidding when I say we haven't even reached 1 inch yet. We've had a couple dustings but that about it. It was almost 50 degrees on Christmas! Its kind of strange, I never remember going this long without snow nor do I remember it being this warm at the end of December. I could walk outside right now without a jacket and be comfortable.

I love the winter and I am missing the snow dearly :cry:
"a free society depends on a virtuous and moral people."
capricorn

Postby greeney2 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:26 pm

I can not remember a time when by Christmas our yard was not full of snow, and when it came, you had it until spring. Something Californians do not know about is when the ground freezes, something you never think about, and why they probably invented astroturf. Gets well into fall and freezing weather, playing tackle football is mighty tough. That top layer of grass and dirt freezes up solid and isn;t very forgiving to fall on. I imagine astroturf was a real welcome relief for any football players in the east.

As a kid, I remember waking up and looking out the window, and my sister and I would be praying for snow. We knew blizzards were coming, but the weather predictions of the 50's were not like today. So the first snow was usually a big surprize when we were kids. Capricorn, about 10 years ago a coworker was visting his brother in Tonwanda, and he was nice enough to get a disposable camera. Took pictures of my old home, the entire block, an even went over to Lindberg Elementry school. Dad built most or the additions on our house, and planted hedges around the front. Its still the only house on the block with hedges, and they are the ones Dad Planted in the early 50's believe it or not. I had the family album out comparing pictures with my time, and seeing what my dad had built on to that house, so long ago. My Dad was a engineer for Bell, and he did a balsa wood mock up model of the house, and what he was going to build. Every wall drafted on vellom an glued to the balsa wood frame. It doubled the house size, it was a very big project. Its very delecate, but I still have it stored in a box of what he designed and built, this scale model. I often wondered what the people in the house now would think if I wrote them the history of their house, and just mailed it to that address. What a mind blower to recieve in the mail.
greeney2

Next

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts