The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

General Discussion Topics

Christmas shopping

The Black Vault Message Forums has a considerable number of niche forums to place your post. If you can not find a home for it, and the topic doesn't fit anywhere else, then post it here.

Postby greeney2 » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:55 pm

Not that a certain pair of eyes may see this, or that he is getting anything in his stocking other than Coal :cry: , but this year we did nearly every bit of our Christmas shopping right from the keyboard. Pretty darn amazing, but it must be killing the local malls more and more, every year. With the price of gas, running all around town, not finding something, having lunch and snacks while you shop, the savings more than makes up the shipping fees. Oh did I mention not having to stand in line either. :o

Even more amazing is the last minute delivery specials. Started ordering Monday and Tuesday, and been delivered already all day today. Most ground shipping is usually 4-5 days, but they are delivering in 2 or less. The post office keeps telling us they are broke, :thumbdown: they need to start delivering like UPS or Fed Ex. :thumbup:

I have to say, I do feel for the small retailer, he can't compete as it is, but when you are competing against these giants it is impossible to beat their buying discounts, or even think about getting these shipping deals. Bed Bath and beyond, Home depots, Walmarts, all the big retailers, get these shipping rates slashed when they bring multi million dollar shipping volumes to the table. I ship one little box cross country, and it costs an arm and a leg.

The internet has taken over the retail business industry, and we may all see malls completly vacant in not too long. :pray:
greeney2

Postby bionic » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:17 pm

much of my shopping is done on line..for years now

I should own stock in Amazon.com at this point
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:15 am

I do most of my shopping on line. But somehow, not without a slight sense of guilt... like I'm not being traditional enough or working hard enough at it.

Long ago, for many Christmases in a row, a good friend of mine made our own tradition of going to the mall just a couple days before Christmas, with a mission of getting all our last minute shopping done. Every year, we would get to the mall, and then... we'd see the Ruby Tuesdays right there at the entrance... look at each other... and then proceed to go in there and spend the evening getting plastered instead of shopping.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:32 am

If you did your shopping from your computer, you could just get plastered while you were shopping, and never have to drive home either. :lol:
greeney2

Postby bluesman » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:50 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvxNgdFeWqM

fi ya love shopping at walmart you will LOVE THIS VIDEO..AND THE GIRL CAN SING TO.

this is fricken hilarious

bluz
UFO HARD EVIDENCE THE BOB WHITE OBJECT!
http://ufoevidence.conforums.com/index.cgi
Breaking news at above site!
bluesman

Postby bionic » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:08 am

That was fing hilarious
Walmart..a guilty pleasure
Did you ever go in a Walamrt early in the morning when they are having their sales motivation meetings..right out on the floor?
They humiliate the shite out of their employees by making them publically "Rah! Rah!" and stuff..what's really funny are the emloyees that are actually getting into it. (I don't know if they still do this, I haven't beeen in oen for a bit)
I love people watching in there..Kmart is fun for that, too..and the Dollar Tree can be fun, too

what'd be fun is deliberately dressing up all wacked and walking around one..just to see how people react to you..and who even notices the joke you are ammang..or if yuj ust blend right in with the crowd that day

You could go around loudly, saying stuff like, "Hee-Haw!! Lookey here!! I ax you? Have you ever scene a nicer reindeer jumpah??!!"
Last edited by bionic on Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:10 am

frrostedman wrote:I do most of my shopping on line. But somehow, not without a slight sense of guilt... like I'm not being traditional enough or working hard enough at it.

Long ago, for many Christmases in a row, a good friend of mine made our own tradition of going to the mall just a couple days before Christmas, with a mission of getting all our last minute shopping done. Every year, we would get to the mall, and then... we'd see the Ruby Tuesdays right there at the entrance... look at each other... and then proceed to go in there and spend the evening getting plastered instead of shopping.

that actually sounds really fun..I can see why you would miss it, a bit/remember it, fondly
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Return to General Discussion Topics

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts