The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Tim Tebow's God

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby bionic » Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:05 am

also..you have forced me to do this..blaim yourselves (it's actually the only song of his I know)
:mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kffacxfA7G4&ob=av2e
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby qmark » Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:08 am

Seriously? :lol:
qmark

Postby at1with0 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:58 am

frrostedman wrote:Actually as far as Justin Bieber goes, I think most people just pretend to hate him because somehow it became a trend. The same kind of trend that Chuck Norris benefits from. Death threats? Well true.. that's flat out insanity. No place for that.

That's odd since Chuck Norris and Justin Bieber are both highly involved in World of Warcraft chat rooms. No other pair of stars is so highly talked about than that pair.

I am glad that Tebow has his rock but I think it's silly to think God influences his skills as a quarterback. I know in my life, when I demonstrate success I don't give credit to God, I give credit to all my hard work in earning it, as I think Tebow has earned it. Likewise, when life sucks, I don't blame God, I blame my lack of work in not earning it.

It's a tool he uses to enter the zone ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flow_%28psychology%29 ). Others have other tools for that.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby frrostedman » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:35 pm

at1with0 wrote:
frrostedman wrote:Actually as far as Justin Bieber goes, I think most people just pretend to hate him because somehow it became a trend. The same kind of trend that Chuck Norris benefits from. Death threats? Well true.. that's flat out insanity. No place for that.

That's odd since Chuck Norris and Justin Bieber are both highly involved in World of Warcraft chat rooms. No other pair of stars is so highly talked about than that pair.

I don't know what's so odd. The fact that both are talked about like no other on the internet is testament to what I said. Norris benefits from the uber-notoriety and Bieber is at the other end of of it.

Bieber is oft used as the butt end of jokes between folks here at work in emails. I mean, it is actually pretty funny. I'm known to use pics of him in "motivational" emails to coworkers. I'll send stuff like:

I have faith in you and I know you're
going to finish the project.
YOU ROCK!
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby antz123 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:07 am

hmm i saw the video and it didnt seem to me that he was doing anything to show off, or propaganda.

I am not Christian so my view aint biased either. What is religion/faith? it is what makes one at peace i think. If the kid gets peace with that and he is not going Road rage or drunk driving after the match he has his faith in right place.

no disrespect meant to anyone
antz123

Postby event_horizon » Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:58 pm

I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby Wing-Zero » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:43 pm

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/7455 ... -tim-tebow

"Here he'd just played the game of his life," recalls Bailey's mother, Kathy, of Loveland, Colo., "and the first thing he does after his press conference is come find Bailey and ask, 'Did you get anything to eat?' He acted like what he'd just done wasn't anything, like it was all about Bailey."

More than that, Tebow kept corralling people into the room for Bailey to meet. Hey, Demaryius, come in here a minute. Hey, Mr. Elway. Hey, Coach Fox.

Even though sometimes-fatal Wegener's granulomatosis has left Bailey with only one lung, the attention took her breath away.

"It was the best day of my life," she emailed. "It was a bright star among very gloomy and difficult days. Tim Tebow gave me the greatest gift I could ever imagine. He gave me the strength for the future. I know now that I can face any obstacle placed in front of me. Tim taught me to never give up because at the end of the day, today might seem bleak but it can't rain forever and tomorrow is a new day, with new promises."
War is an extension of economics and diplomacy through other means.

Economics and diplomacy are methods of securing resources used by humans.

Securing resources is the one necessary behavior for all living things.

War = Life
Wing-Zero

Postby frrostedman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:55 pm

The zeal he displays is offensive to many and I understand that.

But (and I hope his fame and fortune doesn't take it all away) what we have here is a very wholesome individual who is good for the NFL, good for public consumption, a worthy person for kids to emulate, and just all around healthy for the country to give some attention to.

Anyway... barring a true "miracle"... he goes bye-bye this week at Gillette Stadium. It would take a "miracle" equal to the Patriot's dream season following the 9/11 attacks... where Drew Bledsoe got knocked out of commission in week 4 and along came this little kid, still wet behind the ears, named Tom Brady... who went on to beat "The Greatest Show on Turf" in the Superbowl, with a last minute drive and score.

Yep, it'll take a "miracle" like that for Tebow and the cinderella Broncos to last another round.
"But let us not come up with any patronizing nonsense about Jesus being a great teacher. He has not left that open to us. He did not intend to." C.S. Lewis
frrostedman

Postby bionic » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:03 am

Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:42 pm

The most important thing Tim Tebow will have said this season is coming up.

Like I said before... the true testament to his genuineness and character, is going to be what he says after a huge let down and loss.

So try to watch his press conference. It should be up beat, positive, grateful, thankful, and complimentary of the other team. THAT'S what separates him from the others. Pure and simple.
frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts