The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Jesus the promiscuous

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby sandra » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:51 pm

I know you would like for me to put out some more on this.
But I don't just give it up to anyone if you know what I mean. lol
Looks like parts of you are going to be going to hell in a handbasket before
that happens.
“Living backwards!” Alice repeated in great
astonishment. “I never heard of such a thing!”
“—but there’s one great advantage in it, that one’s
memory works both ways.”
— Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass
sandra

Postby bionic » Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:19 am

I am praying to Baby Jesus (as I have chosen to see him today) to help me have humilty and remember how much I actually like you and want all good things for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A0-u85aAYg

I will leave your thread alone now, as he has commanded me to

8-)
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby orangetom1999 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:53 am

Bionic,

I'm going to take the liberty to say something here and not concern myself with it alot because I deserve hell and damnation...I don't deserve anything better and the Lord I know would be justified in sending me there...anytime.

I'm impressed. Very much so and that doesn't happen often. But at the moment I will refrain from adding much because there is someone reading this discussion and topic that is undeserving of our words.

One thing is known about Jesus from the time He walked on the here in His earthly ministry. He spoke and rebuked many. He did not concern Himself with who deserved His words....particularly among His people..the Hebrews and their leadership. He rebuked especially the Hebrew leadership.

Another important thing to note is that no where in the Olde or New Testament are the people of my Lord taught to define themselves by their sexuality. For this is one of the abominations/whoredoms already being done by the nations surrounding Ancient Israel...including promiscuity and particularly around their holydays and festivals.
The Hebrews were not to engage in such conduct..including promiscuity.

For to consider such an question by and about the Lord Jesus the Christ for Remission of Sins is foolishness and vanity. Of the Traditions of Men.

The groves and high places were part and parcel of the Hebrews engaging in abominations and whoredoms of the types that the nations surrounding them did. These were the bunny clubs of the day. They worshiped their new gods..newly coming up..on the groves and high places in the day and in the valleys at night. Abominations and whoredoms. This is part of the track record of the Hebrews deviating from the Law of Moses and their instructions from God. The whoredoms of the Hebrews and their leadership. This is the Hebrews themselves going after strange gods..including the promiscuity of these other religions. Abomination.

Bionic...

Thanks for your humilty and modesty....it is appreciated and recognized here. Not enough of it to be found today.

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am

Promiscuous may be a word relative to the time we are in. The idea of what it means today in 2011, is a totally differnet meaning, to its meaning in 0011. I can not even fathom what the word ment in the Days of Jesus, but I'm pretty sure the standard was not like today. Things today were never imagined in the days of Jesus I would not think.

I can not even bring myself to speculate on this question to be very honest. It is a level of Blasphamy, and Sacreligious to me, to even entertain such thoughts about Jesus, about the Lord, about the Son of God. To reduce Jesus to any level of mear mans darkest sins, even if Jesus lived as a real man, he is still the Son of God. How can you worship Jesus as your Savior and Lord, by congering up or imagining at any level unpure thoughts about Jesus?

Jesus may have lived a life of a mear man, and died, and he arized from the Dead, and is no longer a mear man now. The only way IMHO to imagine these thoughts, is if you do not regard Jesus as your Lord and Savior. We did not live in the era of Jesus living as a mear man, we live in a Era after Jesus died and arose from the Dead.
greeney2

Postby orangetom1999 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:42 am

Greeny2,

You bring up a good point about the word "promiscuous."

It may indeed not be known by the words or expression we use today.

However...I do not think the concept was unknown by the Ancients. Particularly by the Romans. I also do not believe it was unknown in concept to the Greeks since the Romans copied much of Greek Civilization.

With that in mind I tried to find something from a dictionary on the etymology of the word Promiscuous.

pro·mis·cu·ous (pr-msky-s)
adj.

From the free dictionary
[From Latin prmiscuus, possessed equally : pr-, intensive pref.; see pro-1 + miscre, to mix; see meik- in Indo-European roots.]

Mirriam Webster

Latin promiscuus, from pro- forth + miscēre to mix — more at pro-, mix

Thanks,
Orangetom
orangetom1999

Postby greeney2 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 am

I guess we all know the definition more commonly in our time as "able and willing to do the horizontal Mambo, with just about anyone, and just about anytime". :lol: :lol: :lol:
greeney2

Postby bionic » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:27 pm

Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby bionic » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:33 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Promiscuity

please note..I do not judge promiscuity..heck..I am even trying to talk H into thinking about having an open marriage these days..
we've been married a LONG time.
I just do not believe Jesus was.
i t was not HIS way.

I believe there are many roads to enlightenment, personally.
And I believe promiscuity can also be one of them.
It may not be the best route, though.
As people do tend to get attached and jealousies do arise at some point. For most people, anyway.

You have to be a really open hearted person to be able to get by things like that (soemthing I am working on these days, in myself)

That show, sister wives, comes to mind.

I am all for whatever works for people.

I do take issue with deception..which can come up with promiscuity..which can lead people on and hurt them a-lot..and can end disasterously
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:33 pm

As disturbing as it may be to some, St. Paul, who was chosen to give the message to the rest of us in layman's terms, should be listened to and looked at as an example here.

He made no bones about it. Promiscuity is an abomination to God. Truth be told, it is better not be yolked in marriage to begin with, but if we choose to do so, we need marry a fellow Christian and should never, ever divorce unless there are extreme extenuating circumstances and we've done everything possible to save the marriage. Paul avoided relationships entirely, as he saw a relationship as an obstacle that would possibly prevent him from carrying out his sworn duty to proclaim and explain the good news of the Gospel.
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

Postby frrostedman » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:36 pm

And orangetom, I know you don't want it, but you're getting it anyway.

MERRY CHRISTMAS
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts