The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

Turkey day

Feel like posting something completely unrelated to the message forums? Feel free! This forum is dedicated to have a place where members can sit, relax and just chat about anything!

Postby bionic » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 am

or...what I like to think of as the day I celebrate when my Anglo brethren's ancestors had a glutonous feast in recognition of the blessing God had given them..a new land to conquer. I imagine the proud feelings they must have had at their meger first steps toward civilizing the local savages. "This is a fork" (those thankless, simpletons..gripers)

It will just be my little family (me, H, kid) as it always is..since we do not live near close family

It's actually the way I like it. I make the feast. I get control of how the feast goes. I get the left overs. (which no matter how much I make , and I have learned to make enough stuffing for a party of twelve, at least) That man will have it all gone within a few days. He is an eating machine.

Also, a nice perk..we don't have to dress up if we don't want to.

What are your plans this year?
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:57 am

Our plans will most likly be going to John's near future in laws, and John himself will be making the turkey. A little know fact about your website owner is that he learned how to make a pretty darn good turkey. Dinner will be a early in the day one for us.

My daughter fell into something very unusual for the day, as my Son in Law for her Birthday bought them premium level annual Disneyland passes. Part of that is being privvy to special events, so they recieved a invitation to the Disneyland Hotel, Grand Ballroom Special Thanksgiving Buffet. It is only open to Primium season annual passes, I think employees, by special invitation. They can not even take guests, who do not have passes.(me) Took a 3 week process to be accepted, but they were selected. It is the buffet of buffets, with everything imaginable. Even more elaborate if you can imagine than the Bellagio buffet. No way could you have everything for sure. Once in a lifetime experience for sure.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Oh..how cool for your daughter and her family!!
I love when stuff like that happens!!
They will have to take lots of pics!!

So John is a Turkey chef, huh?
Men that cook are AWESOME!!!

Has he ever been tempted to deep fry?
I have.

Every year I check out the deep friers at Home Depot and wonder if I should give it a try.
Looks like it'd be fun. (the danger element being the thing that makes me think twice about it, but also part of what makes it seems..well..fun)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby greeney2 » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:50 pm

William shatner did a safety video on the turkey friers. Its pretty good and gets the point across. They can be real dangerous to someone who doesn't understand abou them. The turkey can not have any remaining frozen areas or it will create instant steam and erupt. The overflowing grease ignites in the open burner, its pretty nasty when it happens.
greeney2

Postby bionic » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:07 am

I have read you should only do it outside.
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby at1with0 » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:35 am

Happy holidays.
"it is easy to grow crazy"
at1with0

Postby bionic » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:01 pm

Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Return to The "Off-Topic" Members Lounge

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts