The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Sorry for posting, didn't mean to start anything!

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Sun Oct 23, 2011 11:22 am

Just a general comment, not directed at anyone, but it is easy to throw hand grenades and run. If you want to be a revolutionary, you have to stand and fight. The world is filled with "rock throwers".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QvMW7abxGg
Why does the kid not want to get in the car? Because he knows the "protestors" will make sure he is never seen again, so they can tell whatever story they want, and edit the video later. The kid only had minor injuries. Now he's probably dead or locked in a basement. The "rock throwers" want the world to believe they are on the side of right but reality is far from that. The rule is: If you don't start nuthin', there won't be nuthin'.
CodeBlackv2

Postby bionic » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:36 pm

event_horizon wrote:Well uhhh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7l3cj__Eu8

8-)

me likey
Willie Wonka quotes..
What is this Wonka, some kind of funhouse?
Why? Are you having fun?
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
We are the music makers, we are the dreamers of dreams
bionic

Postby bionic » Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:43 pm

CodeBlackv2 wrote:Just a general comment, not directed at anyone, but it is easy to throw hand grenades and run. If you want to be a revolutionary, you have to stand and fight. The world is filled with "rock throwers".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QvMW7abxGg
Why does the kid not want to get in the car? Because he knows the "protestors" will make sure he is never seen again, so they can tell whatever story they want, and edit the video later. The kid only had minor injuries. Now he's probably dead or locked in a basement. The "rock throwers" want the world to believe they are on the side of right but reality is far from that. The rule is: If you don't start nuthin', there won't be nuthin'.

Code,
you make a very good point..but we all have our roles to play..soem are more obvious..others more subtle

also, some are made to build bridges..others made to tear them down..some to build walls..others to tear them down

when all is said and done, I believe the majority of us just want to lead our lives as peacefully as we can..life throws us enough curve balls..it's silly to go out of your way to create even more for yourself..of course, sometimes you have no choice but to get involved..something mvoes yous trongly..or you see something that hits you on a deep levle..or you realize the importance of stepping up at a crucial time..becaus eyou see the sh*t gettign ready to hit the fan in some form or another, etc...
any story we witness , on some level , whether we realize it or not..or want to admit it to ourselves or not, we become a part of.

and in the increasingly interconnected wolrd..that's a-lot of stories (overwhelmingly so)

on a deeper level..in spite of how things may seem (the smaller picture), believe the universe is unfolding just as it should (the larger pciture)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby shadowcass » Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:48 am

mrshumphreys wrote:ETA: I guess this doesn't really belong here unless we make it about religion so... I don't know. Mary Magdalene, why is she such a polarizing figure? Opinions? Go.

It's quite simple really. Mary Magdalene (who was NEVER a prostitute..THAT idea originates in one of Pope Gregory the Great's more bone-headed comments) was Jesus's most famous female disciple. She was the first PERSON to see the Risen (post-Crucifixion) Christ.

Now, SOME writers have suggested that she was Christ's WIFE (or, at least, that they had sexual relations--ever see the Da Vinci Code? Or read the book? That was based on Baigent, Lee, and Lincoln's earlier (NON-fiction) book HOLY BLOOD, HOLY GRAIL.

(Both books AND the movie are available from Amazon.com)

And an awful lot of Christians (not just the Catholics) have a problem with the idea that Jesus might have married and that He might have had children.

There is NOTHING to prove either that He did or that He didn't. But it would be very unusual for a Jewish male of His time to be UNMARRIED. That's one thing about it.
BUT..if they W@ERE married and IF they had children then there might be descendents of those children living today.
Now, if Jesus were just a MAN (good and wise teacher, etc) that's not a problem.
BUT if He is the Son of God incarnate then His descendents create a HUGE problem for the Church. Because who should be in charge? Some former member of the Hitler Youth or the semi-divine descendent of Jesus?

So they fight back and forth about all these things. Actually, though, Mary wasn't Jesus' wife (or his girlfriend) the guy in the Da Vinci painting with Jesus IS "John the Beloved" you must remember that Jesus was called (among other things) "Son of David" and David and Jonathan of OLD were VERY close ;)
shadowcass

Postby CodeBlackv2 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Just because Da Vinci painted it doesn't make it true. Yes, I read the book and I knew the secret code before Dan revealed it. Apple? I mean c'mon, who didn't see that coming?

The story of Jesus and Mary being more than friends came from the Nag Hamaddi. "Jesus used to kiss her on her _______". The blank was probably removed by the experts assigned to preserve the papyrus. So we are left to pick our favorite body part. I think they did that to piss off the priests. They're just not into women. Not sure what it could be...

Da Vinci worked for the Vatican and he knew what they were about and painted what they wanted to see. Not what you or I want to see. I'm trying to think what would be different if we found out J had rug rats. Not sure. No way to prove it.
CodeBlackv2

Postby bionic » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:58 am

physical dna has nothing to do with soul "dna', I believe (I could be wrong, though, I am open to the idea that I might be wrong on this..but , I feel, I am not)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby mrshumphreys » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:18 am

event_horizon wrote:
Greeney's post, which he deleted, was a big useless rant about why people shouldn't get mad about certain goings-on over the Internet, since they don't use their real names as their moniker or give their locations. It was a waaaay overly extensive, longwinded rant, geared to do nothing more than divert from the real issue at hand, which was -- him getting mixed up about who says what, because he forgets and/or doesn't pay attention, due to his condition.

But this IS my real name. :lol:

Ah well, it's all good. Whatevs and all that. Some things never change, eh?
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby event_horizon » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:03 pm

mrshumphreys wrote:
event_horizon wrote:
Greeney's post, which he deleted, was a big useless rant about why people shouldn't get mad about certain goings-on over the Internet, since they don't use their real names as their moniker or give their locations. It was a waaaay overly extensive, longwinded rant, geared to do nothing more than divert from the real issue at hand, which was -- him getting mixed up about who says what, because he forgets and/or doesn't pay attention, due to his condition.

But this IS my real name. :lol:

Makes it even worse doesn't it? :lol: You were being accused of not using your real name.

mrshumphreys wrote:Ah well, it's all good. Whatevs and all that. Some things never change, eh?

Yep.
I don't believe what I believe because it's what I desire to believe. I believe what I believe because it's what logic and reason cause me to believe. All I want is to live with the truth -- nothing more, nothing less.
event_horizon

Postby bionic » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:54 am

except..when they do
8-)
Willie Wonka quotes..
Why? Are you having fun?
bionic

Postby frrostedman » Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:41 pm

but can you .... accept when they don't.
8-)
Every one who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe-a spirit vastly superior to that of man. - Albert Einstein
frrostedman

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts