The Black Vault Message Forums

Discover the Truth!        

Religion & Spirituality

Why I am right and you are wrong V2.0

Whether you believe in a higher power or not, this forum is dedicated to the topic of religion and spirituality. We live in a diverse world with different morals and ideas when it comes to our beliefs, so come in and share your thoughts.

Postby mrshumphreys » Sun May 24, 2009 9:21 am

Obviously, you annoyed me.
I thought that was obvious, anyway.

I feel no need to be dragged into the conversation. It isn't what I started the thread for, and I don't see where anything enlightening is going to come out of it for me.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby CodeBlack » Sun May 24, 2009 10:35 am

N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby Nesaie » Sun May 24, 2009 11:53 am

CodeBlack wrote:I forgot, what was the difference between christian and Christian?

Ah, in short christians don't follow Jesus. Most modern churches I'd call christian. Most people who go to those churches are christian. But, there are individuals, like smokin_joe that I'd call Christian. It's a subjective definition on my part.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Dibs » Wed May 27, 2009 8:11 am

So basicly the distinction is between people who just say their Christian to cover their bases and people who actually act it?
Dibs

Postby Nesaie » Wed May 27, 2009 11:53 pm

No, that is too simple and easy.

There are those who follow Ishua, and those who don't. You don't have to be Christian to follow in the ways of Ishua, for his ways are older than he. But, those who don't follow him and claim to follow Jesus are obviously chrisian, as most churches are.

That is just one distinction.
Such a society would be dominated by an elite, unrestrained by traditional values. Soon it will be possible to assert almost continuous surveillance over every citizen... - Zbigniew Brezhinsky
Nesaie

Postby Cole_Trickle » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 am

All I know about Religion summed up in less than 1 minute!

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=318213

Cole
Cole_Trickle

Postby mrshumphreys » Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:30 am

I like your new Emily avatar, Nes.
"It's like arguing with a brick wall, except the brick wall thinks you're an idiot, and thinks it's winning." - Humphreys, that sexy beast.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
mrshumphreys

Postby CodeBlack » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Cole_Trickle wrote:All I know about Religion summed up in less than 1 minute!
http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=318213
Cole

Hey wait a minute, that is really just marketing. Churches can use marketing. Bad taste? Maybe. Plus that's the catholic church, and its NYC. Put it in context. You can't equate the charlatan salesmen with the religion or its adherents. I never liked that whole confession thing. When there are murderers and rapists confessing and then the church helps justice happen confession might be helpful, plus confessing is good for the soul. But I see no personal benefit from it, but then I'm not catholic. I can't be a catholic, too much kneeling, get down, get up, get down, get up. Oy! I was in a catholic wedding once and that was enough for me. Catholicism isn't for wussies.
N2TheBlack
CodeBlack

Postby Nesaie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:55 pm

mrshumphreys wrote:I like your new Emily avatar, Nes.

Thanks! :D

But, I just realized my red avatar clashes with my purple signature... :shock:

I'm gonna have to make my sig match my avatar...let me go change the color...I'll be right back. ;)
Nesaie

Postby Nesaie » Sat Jun 20, 2009 9:02 pm

Ahhhh...much better now. I fixed it. :D
Nesaie

PreviousNext

Return to Religion & Spirituality

• View new posts
  • View unanswered posts